PRO-2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Just dug out the Radio Shack Pro-2006, the king of scanners at time many moons ago. I had done the discriminator tap for some reason at the time. It powers up but the notorious dying blacklight issue is there but it does illuminate the LCD display albeit weak. Scanner needs a cleaning and a replacement 9vdc battery. I hear these perform quite well on the VHF and aircraft bands and it will do WFM for the local radio stations here. I think at one time I was able to pick up WCCO-AM's 950MHz STL since I am in the path from downtown to their transmitter in Coon Rapids which was great when there was a t-storm as not having to put up with lightning crashes during the storm. Anyone else still using one and how is working for ya?. I remember when I bought it back in the day, it burned a hole in my wallet as it was very expensive for that time period. I need to research some freqs to enter, but analog is dying and most of the public safety agencies are on ARMER and DMR is catching on here.

Thanks guys

Pro-2xxx

It powers up but the notorious dying blacklight issue is there but it does illuminate the LCD display albeit weak. Scanner needs a cleaning and a replacement 9vdc battery.

I own its cousin, the PRO-2004, with modifications for cellular, turbo scan speed and 100 additional channels (400). Bought it new.

I use it every day to back up my Unidens. (396XT and 996XT)

Still works great, though the backlight is gone.

It works great! Strong receiver.

Terry1810

Premium Subscriber
I have and still use my PRO-2006 modified by Bill Cheek in his garage (as I watched) He advised to get a replacement backlight. I've replaced it once and still have another two.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks for the replies. Going to clean it up and put it into service sharing a Scantenna with my BC996XLT. Glad I kept in storage and hopefully it does not have any leaky or dried up caps causing hum in the audio. It will get plenty of use in my current setup of many radios and scanners. I did have a PRO-43, but it bit the dust. I also have a PRO-2067 but it's the production series that were poorly made and is basically junk.

The weather is starting to get decent so antenna work can commence and nothing will be streamed.

Wally46

Feed Provider
I still use mine. It also has the display dimming problem. I bought it back when they first came out in the Radio Shack stores. Had many years of good fun use with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.