Sharing Free Scan Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithBogut

Premium Subscriber
I'm pretty new to RR and scanning, but I now have my BCD325P2 set up and working for my area in the east metro. The learning curve is fairly steep for new users to ARMER, and I was wondering if anyone has ever proposed a way for new users to get Free Scan files from experienced users, to help them get started? If for no other reason, it would help them figure out how they might want to organize their systems.

I know users can email them back and forth directly, but I'm thinking more along the lines of a directory on RR's MN forum that people could upload their files to. Ideally, users could view multiple files to get a sense of how systems can be constructed. If you were traveling to a new part of the state, you could download a system for that county instead of having to build it. Obviously, each state group would need their own space, and this could get to be an administrative problem. Maybe administrators would want to control the files to offer a representative sample from expert users, to ensure quality and minimize volume. Since the programming for each manufacturer is different, this might be better located in their respective forums, but I'm just putting the idea out there to see what people think. Having just gone through the process of building my own systems, it would be nice to save new users some of the frustration they're likely to encounter.

StevieD

I would be willing to contribute, and would like to see how others have the scanners set up. I'm using proscan for my 996T files.

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
You can basically create your own file you can copy and paste from the rr database
I suggest making the armer page into one table (checkbox is between site frequency table and talk group table) then just copy the whole thing into a word document
That's how I did it
My copy, however is a year old

Status
Not open for further replies.