Minneapolis Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

squad1b

I'm having trouble receiving MPLS FIRE on my pro 106 . I live in New Brighton and use a radio shack 800 Mhz antenna.any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
They probably wouldn't be heard on city center (that's state and EMS "stuff"). N-S is MFD's "home" sub-system. Do you hear anything else "Minneapolis" on the N-S? If so, I'd suspect MFD might be locked out inadvertently.

You could also try Hennepin East just for the heck of it.

squad1b

Only have fire nothing else from Minneapolis programmed into the scanner.I checked nothing is locked out.could I be to far away to hear them?

johnmoe1

Minneapolis Fire is essentially only on site 1-9 (almost all structure fires are patched with an ME-Tac; you will be able to hear them elsewhere). Trying anywhere else is not going to work.

Moving your antenna (inches or to the other side of the house) can make a huge difference. I* am in the white or yellow on that map linked above and am currently decoding ~100% of control channel messages and have a BER < 0.1%. I could move my antenna a few feet and have it be completely unusable. You should select only site 1-9 on your scanner (listen to everything on the site) and see where you are able to get it clearly and where you can't.

* I am using a somewhat directional antenna, the antenna is in front of a window and I am not using a typical scanner, but I think the basic point still applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.