L-Tac1 - Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The talkgroup Identification number (TGID) for L_TAC_1 is 504.

Of course in order to "hear" this talkgroup, you have to have a scanner programmed for the system including a site that is in range of you, such as Dakots Co Simulcast.

Also I believe that there must be a radio affiliated with the site that has selected L_TAC_1 for the L_TAC_1 traffic to be carried on the site. (I am but an occasional listener to ARMER and if those who listen to the ARMER system regularly say otherwise, I'd defer to their knowledge.)

The Minnesota ARMER System is a pretty complex system with a lot of "twists and turns" when it comes to programming and monitoring it.

n0vza

What type of radio or scanner are you using?

Typically, an individual needs a scanner that is capable of operating in a P25, phase 1, digital trunking mode; properly programmed for the MN ARMER system, sites (s) and trunk group(s).

blue5011

On Friday (11-17) someone must have been running an exercise as for a couple of hours. I heard only one TG 6 Radio ID i154296 on ST S TAC 1. The person was clearly talking to others, but I only got the one ID on the Blue Earth tower.

Then later on was TG 24106 Radio ID i527336/ i527188 on L TAC 4. It went on 1:30PM - 3:40PM.

jppowell94

What type of radio or scanner are you using?

Typically, an individual needs a scanner that is capable of operating in a P25, phase 1, digital trunking mode; properly programmed for the MN ARMER system, sites (s) and trunk group(s).

I'm using a uniden trunktracker iv bcd396xt. It does have ARMER system programmed in it. I have Dakota, minneapolis, and Hennepin county in there. Just not sure what steps I need to take to program L-tac's or state patrol 2400 in there. Any information is greatly appreciated!

n0vza

Cool, the 396XT should be able to handle this. You just need to add the trunk group (L TAC 1) to be included.
I have a 396XT and will get it out, hook it up, and try and recall the "how to".

As I recall, I used the Butel ATC-XT-PRO software to program the 396XT with data from the Radio Reference site. Here is a link to the Butel software: Software for Uniden Whistler HOME PATROL HP1 HP-1 PRO-700 BCD436HP BCD536HP Radioshack GRE GRECOM MFJ DSE AOR police scanner software BCD996XT BCD396XT BC346T BCT15X PRO-404 PRO-405 PRO-97 PRO-96 PRO-2096 PRO-106 PRO-197 PRO-164 PRO-160 PRO-162 psr50.

A couple of questions:

Are you using the scanner from one(fixed) location, such as home, (connected to one ARMER site) or will you be operating mobile/portable (connected to various sites, as your location changes)?

What agencies do you want to listen to?

Feel free to send me a PM (private message) with this information or just reply.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'm using a uniden trunktracker iv bcd396xt. It does have ARMER system programmed in it. I have Dakota, minneapolis, and Hennepin county in there. Just not sure what steps I need to take to program L-tac's or state patrol 2400 in there. Any information is greatly appreciated!

Hopefully you have programmed your scanner with software, such as FreeScan, ProScan or ARC-XT. It can be done by hand, going through the menu to program the system, but it is laborious.

Adding these talkgroups is pretty easy with software. All you need to do is getting the program running and edit the ARMER System. You'll want to go to a Group and add a Channel or Channels.

There are several excellet Youtube videos walking you through the process. Seach Uniden 396XT programming.

You can add the L-TACs along with all the MSP 2400 talkgroups (they have their main dispatch and several tactical talkgroups). As a frequent visitor to Minneapolis, I have also programmed the S_TAC talkgroups, ME_TAC talkgroups and METCOM. Lots of interesting stuff can be heard on these.

METCOM is a talkgroup where dispatch centers talk to each other, for example a trooper rolls up on a car fire on the interstate. MSP Metro will call Minneapolis Dispatch on METCOM to relay the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.