Radio Traffic on the system today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stmills

I just was viewing traffic on my computer running Unitrunker for Hennepin East - with it hitting traffic on all voice channels briefly and hovering with 2-3 voice channels showing open- tomorrow is going to be interesting to watch traffic levels

rs989

Premium Subscriber
I would not be surprised users with a higher priority boot lower ones with channel grants. There will be a chorus of the "bonk of death" on radios waiting for a channel grant. Has the Hennepin COW temp site shown up?. I am unable to do much monitoring due to family commitments. This will be a true test of ARMER but I really believe Motorola and the Systechs did a good design with the system. It was a great decision to have the whole system 800MHz so radios anywhere can be used on interop talkgroups. Anyone want to guess if any 700MHz freqs show up before any change to Phase2?. I see lot's of APX's portable and mobiles out there that are replacing aging XST2500's and believe it or not XTS3000's and XTL mobiles.

It must be an extremely stressful time for the various system techs and Motorola who are probably are here too!.

Status
Not open for further replies.