Washington County

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozzie

Premium Subscriber
Any idea when and why they changed their paging and numbering.

Jennifer_rose

Premium Subscriber
I was coming here to check the same thing. I heard letters in callings too that I have not heard before.

deskjockeyone

The county transitioned to a new computer aided dispatch system. They took the opportunity to redo call numbers and names.

kb0uxv

No changes to frequencies or tone outs. New warble tones indicate type of page out (medical/fire). Call signs changed out of necessity due to new software, many of the fire units are now plain English with assignment or apparatus (chief 1, tender1, ladder1, medic 1, etc). No robotic tone outs planned (yet) as some of the other metro counties have done. For law some agencies now using tactical area call signs, others remain as permanent call signs. Most now 4 digit call signs and may have alphas depending on assignment.

Jennifer_rose

Premium Subscriber
I recently heard a Forest Lake officer retire and give his last call on the radio. They used the new 4 digit call sign as well as the previous 3 digit version. It was short but kinda sad at the same time.

It is odd hearing four digit call signs as well as adding letters, makes me think I'm accidentally listening to Anoka County when I mean to listen to Washington. But I can still seem to hear everything okay so that's good.

Thanks for the info kbouxb

Status
Not open for further replies.