Radio City Going Out Of Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Just in case anybody here didn't get the word, Radio City is going away. Granted, this is a monitoring forum, not an amateur radio, but there is certainly some cross over. I have been there a number of times at their current location and even a few times at their prior location.

I would love to see some place fill the void. With internet buying, I sort of doubt that another store that big can make it in this market, but who knows. I would even settle for some other business carrying a smaller amount in store. Say, for example, Micro Center, w ho is primarily computers and home entertainment. If they took their least productive aisle and carried some of the things that sold the best at Radio City, I would be happy. Some things, like feedline, I would prefer to buy locally, if possible.

Radio City, Inc.

Sept. 11th, 2018
It's Time to Retire.
It's been a wonderful 36 years for us at Radio City and we have decided to retire and close Radio City. :( We are so thankful for the many years of support and we have enjoyed working you, our customers. The technical, intelligent and polite conversations plus advice have been invigorating, thus making this decision extremely difficult for us.
We appreciate all the teachers, Elmers, VE examiners, ham and astronomy clubs efforts in growing new ham radio operators and amateur astronomers into our special community.

We will also miss going to and supporting amateur radio and astronomy clubs all over MN and IA at their events. We will greatly miss all the friendships we have been privileged to maintain with many of our customers.

We plan to exit by this year's end or a bit sooner as we empty our shelves of new and used materials.

Upcoming Events:
Sidewalk Sale:
Our final sidewalk sale is this Saturday Sept 15th. We are digging deep for this event. It will be held rain or shine. Currently forecasts are calling for a mild 85F with just a 20% chance of showers.
Final Goodbye Tour:
We will be at Smartfest in Cologne, MN on Saturday September 22nd. We will also be in Carlton MN for their Fallfest on Saturday September 29th.
Goodbye Party:
Please come on by on Saturday October 6th for our good bye party. We will of course have cake and coffee for everybody.
Other Necessary Details:
Service:
We will complete servicing items we currently have in the service dept. We will not be accepting any additional 'Out of warranty' items. 'In warranty' items will be still be processed by Radio City per normal until about October 31st, 2018.
Consignment :
We will no longer accept more items for consignment. All items that have NOT been sold need to be picked up the week of Oct 13th, 2018. We will consider all items not picked up by then to be abandoned.
In closing we will very much miss all of you and perhaps there is someone out there interested in running the store under New Management.

Thanks again for all your support,

AAFC

The owner told me one time that if he had to do it all over again, he would have opened a women's shoe store instead of a radio shop. lolol.

Enjoy retirement, you've earned it!

Status
Not open for further replies.