155.430 - EMS/Fire in Bolivar County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomServo

Hey everyone, I've been listening to the Grenada County Sheriff's department dispatch tonight on 155.430. I noticed that the channel has some 'background noise' so I switched off the CTCSS and was able to hear what sounds like a fire or EMS type service.

Areas mentioned include a correctional facility on highway 8 and Sawmill Road near Shaw, which leads me to Bolivar County.

Can anyone shed light on what agency this is? I'm in Grenada and it's a decent signal even with my HT's whip antenna. A search of RR's database and an old copy of Police Call turn up nothing in that region.

:confused:

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider
It's not a fire frequency, so Pafford EMS must be using it for something. I've got someone down there checking on that for me. I'll let you know.

TomServo

That would be great.

I've found more mystery frequencies in use here in the last two years than I did in my entire childhood of scanner listening in Alabama. It's weird.

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider
Well, the FCC is not showing it licensed to Pafford, but according to a friend of mine in Cleveland, it appears to be possibly be a paging channel for Pafford. More to come.

TomServo

Thanks for the information. There was some more activity after I made the initial post, referring to Jonestown, which I presume is in Coahoma County. That certainly sounds like the area Pafford covers.

tripp540

m. tomek said something to me about that freq, i monitored it for a while, it is pafford ems, the only thing that i hear them one is the ems talk group on the bolivar county trs. i also noticed that you can barely hear what they are saying!!

Status
Not open for further replies.