What site does the MDOT J use for Freqs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trains125

Feed Provider
What site does the MDOT J use for Freqs? I would like to load the MDOT J Rail inspectors into my scanner but don't know what Freqs to use in the MSWIN.

Thanks!

Technoguy58

Is MDOT-J only in the Jackson area?? If it is, then most of the traffic for MDOT-J is going to be on the sites in the Jackson area.. If not, then the traffic you are looking for will be on the site (or sites) that have affiliated with the radio (or radios) on the talkgroup you want to monitor. I assume you want to listen to 22005 (Rail Inspectors). This could be on any site in the state. Remember, a talkgroup can be heard on any site that it is affiliated with. So, what site to use would depend on where the rail inspectors are.

slhbeard

Premium Subscriber
You can program any MSWIN Tower near you to hear them since they cover the entire state. Some MDOT sites are area specific, such as maintenance and Tac channels for enforcement. You can look at MSWIN maps to find that info.

bltaylor86

There's not a set of frequencies they are using per se. If you load MDOT-J on your scanner and set your location to Clinton you should hear them. Most likely they will be using sites near your hometown in the jackson area. I'm in the north delta and I pick up MDOT-E from the coast sometimes but that's because they are transmitting traffic all the way back to jackson. I would assume MDOT-J is keeping their traffic near jackson itself and not trying to cover the whole state.

What scanner are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.