ComSouth COMNET MS... Now in DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
I have begun building this system out in the DB... I am taking the old LTR sites deprecated, and will merge in the other ComSouth DMR sites in as I go...

It is noted that the VHF sites are the same System, but primarily in use by a couple of EPA Utilities.... I will also get all that info set up asap.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
I will be adding sites as they are found and data submitted. Clarke uses the ComSouth somewhat,... But we now know they do NOT have their own system, and I will kill that listing soon.

frazmandemo

well i know that meridian lauderdale and Clarke all pop up on that system. just like Clarke kemper and lauderdale use the lauderdale and all are the same tgs on each one.

Hammerguy69

well i know that meridian lauderdale and Clarke all pop up on that system. just like Clarke kemper and lauderdale use the lauderdale and all are the same tgs on each one.

All of those are on a system owned by ComSouth out of Hattiesburg.

Hammerguy69

I will be adding sites as they are found and data submitted. Clarke uses the ComSouth somewhat,... But we now know they do NOT have their own system, and I will kill that listing soon.

I noticed that you have a site 6 listed for Brandon in Rankin Co for CommSouth's system. Are you sure? I do know that Jackson Communications also has a TRBO system up and I think in Brandon also......

frazmandemo

thanks milf for loading those locations....and thanks kh6sz for his additions on the other thread. i have started hearing a lot more of meridian,Clarke,laudedale and kemper on those sites.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
I think I've found some inaccuracies in the database for the ComNet DMR listing.

Site 1 is listed with the LCN's as 00, 01, 03, 05, 09, 11, 13. This would be the format for DSD+, but would be the wrong lcn's for entering into a scanner.

Site 6 is listed as 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07. Which would be correct for a scanner, but wouldn't work for DSD+.

Shouldn't all of them have the same format, and if so, maybe it would be beneficial to have the format stated in the general area for the listing.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
I think I've found some inaccuracies in the database for the ComNet DMR listing.

Site 1 is listed with the LCN's as 00, 01, 03, 05, 09, 11, 13. This would be the format for DSD+, but would be the wrong lcn's for entering into a scanner.

Site 6 is listed as 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07. Which would be correct for a scanner, but wouldn't work for DSD+.

Shouldn't all of them have the same format, and if so, maybe it would be beneficial to have the format stated in the general area for the listing.

Also, is 00 a proper LCN? (For Uniden Scanners or DSD+)

frazmandemo

here are some talk groups for east Mississippi..... 2000126 lauderdale county so,2000129 meridian police,2000130 meridian pd 2, 2000070 meridian fire ,2000004 lauderdale vfd..... 2000015 metro ambulance.... clarke county... 2000044 clarke vfds, 2000019 paratech ambulance,ems....kemper county...2000075 kemper county so... i will put more as i identify them.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
On EDACS, LTR, and DMR, 0 is used as placeholder until the actual LCN is known.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
Attention MILF

Hi MILF;
You just completed one of the submissions I sent adding LCN's for the Forrest Co site, and 1 LCN for the Harrison Co site, but in the Forrest Co site, 452.025 is listed twice in the same site, which I don't think is allowed. Can you remove the one that still has a LCN of 0 please.

I'm surprised that more people are not submitting information for this site, especially the sites with LCN's of all zeroes. About the only 2 sites that I receive are the Forrest and Harrison counties, and I have yet to find the Hancock county site, since the listing says that there is one. Thanks.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Finally got to do more work on this system.. I need the following data:

All sites in South Central, and Southwest, and South MS ... Lincoln County etc.... All those former LTR sites that are now no longer analog. Need the Control CH, LCNs, Color Codes... ANY TGs that you can ID...

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
VHF & UHF together on 1 system?

Hello Milf:
Is it possible for the sites for ComNet be a mix of VHF and UHF? The reason why I ask is that all sites so far in the database are UHF (450-460 MHz) range. A couple of weeks ago, looking at the new grants for Harrison County, I came across a business called "Million Air Gulfport" and all of their frequencies are in the 150-152 Range. I programmed them conventionally, and on one of the frequencies (151.85) comes up as a CON site with Color Code 1 and a Network ID and Site number of 175-26. I know that 175 is the NetID for the ComNet system, but never heard or seen a system with mixed frequencies on different sites. I thought it might be a simulcast site or something like that, and thought I'd ask someone who knows. The frequency isn't used much, haven't captured a talkgroup ID yet, but will continue to get more info.

By the way, I'm the one that's submitting several deletions and submissions to the DB for Harrison county and surrounding areas. I figured it's time to remove all the old outdated stuff and in with the new good stuff! I should have more coming soon. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.