Buchanan County New Ids??

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerowner

I saw TGID 605 this morning guessing it's part of the road's, and didn't know if there's any other new ids on the system?!?!?!

rabidmoose57

Probably........

Given the way the trunking was assigned it seems likely. "0" ( or 2 digit tgs) are SJPD, , 100s are SJFD, 200s are BCSO, 300s are Drug Strike Force, 400s are Heartland Hospital, 500s are County FD., 600s are County Maintenance, 700s are Missouri Western University, 800s are Multi Agency interop. The only exception I've found is Animal Control which has a tg of 224. Since county maintenance is divided into 2 parts ( Tg 601 North....603 South) it's the likely common Tg or a supervisors group. If you hear anything more I'd be really interested. Have a great weekend!

scannerowner

Alrighty thanks for all your help, I'm really interested in the St. Joe/Buchanan County System, making me wonder who all talks on it etc, and a list of TGIDs, I've seen 605 a few times, but not many and couldn't get any traffic from it because I had the scanner holding on the control channel and by the time I turned Id Scan to Search they weren't talking any longer. I would love to know who all they have talking on the system now. . . when I was at the Sound of Speed Airshow it seemed that the base had P25 radios too, but not sure if they are trunked or not, and most likely encrypted, but would be nice to see what all they operate on. . .

talkpair

I've been watching the number of listeners for the Buchanan county stream for a while now, and seems that stream has been ranking highest in the state of Missouri for quite some time.

Does anyone know if St Joseph PD is divided up into different zones?..........From the talk group list in the database here, it looks like they dispatch the entire city using a single talkgroup.
For a city the size of St Joseph, it seems odd that they could dispatch the entire city from a single talkgroup.

scannerowner

I'm guessing they are divided into zones, I can tell they have 1,2, or 3 depending on their shift, and I know JO's have their own numbers starting with JO#. Yes it is a single talkgroup for dispatch, and the county has a single one too. I don't know all that much, but I enjoy listening to them as much as possible also because I go to St Joe every day for 5 days a week . . . it is very enjoyable to monitor.

rabidmoose57

We are a bit odd.......

There are 5 to 9 patrol districts in the city, but that is subject to change and they redraw it often. All the dispatch is from a single TG,( and with MDT's when they actually work). Motor cycles carry the usual M (Mary) tag , and operate at any time of year the weather permits.The usual arrangment is F1 Dispatch (00085), F2 Information (00003), F3 "Private"(00005), And if you hear them switch to F4 that will be an encrypted talk group 00013. The special events TG (00015) is used for DWI check points, festivals and occasional lunch discussions. As for Rosecrans, the Air Guard is running on the Government Trunk in the 400mhz range the last I know of and they are 100% encrypted. City services all run the analog trunk including airport operations,street maintenence, etc.....with one data chanel 855.3375 which relays data to the on board Mentor system on the city busses (mdts). Have a good one.

scannerowner

Can you tell me what frequencies the base uses, maybe there will be an id that wouldn't be encrypted, but most likely not. It's not in the database, but I would be interested in what they use it for etc.

nd5y

Interesting. I wouldn't think a base that small would have a trunked system. There are some much larger ones that still don't.

The last few times I was in St. Joe I remember finding about 4 or 5 simplex channels on 163 MHz. I think I found Security, Fire, Medical, and some maintenance or ramp ops but that was well over 20 years ago.

Scannerowner, you will probably have to search from 380-420 and find the control channels, system ID, talkgroups at least submit it to the database yourself.
If anybody else up there cared it would already be in the database.
There are probably several VHF and UHF milair frequencies that would be cool to listent to also.

scannerowner

I haven't found a control channel yet, but will search again today, wonder if anyone else has any info on Rosecrans. . . I noticed that Whiteman has about half and half as for encrypted and not encrypted. . . any help would be appreciated.

nd5y

They used some of these frequencies back in the late 1980s. I think security was on 163.4875. See if you hear anything on:

Are you in town in a high location? You might not be able to hear them very far.
I used to park at Wyeth Hill and search for stuff. From up there you can hear hand helds at the airport.

They could be in any of these ranges:
138.0-144.0 12.5 kHz steps NFM/P25
148.0-150.75 12.5 kHz steps NFM/P25
162.0-174.0 12.5 kHz steps NFM/P25
380.0-400.0 12.5 kHz steps NFM/P25
406.1-420.0 12.5 kHz steps NFM/P25

Last edited:

nd5y

You might also want to look up the trunked system frequencies at Ft. Leavenworth and the federal prison and make sure if you do hear a control channel it isn't from one of them.

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
St. Joe/Buchanan County

I come to Missouri once in awhile and was wondering what TG's and CC I should put in for St. Joe PD-FD-Amb/Buchanan County Sheriff & MHP. What is the MHP troop letter they use around Harrison County & St. Joe area? Does anyone know what the car numbers are for Bethany PD and Harrison County Sheriff? Is there any map of Missouri that show all the MHP troop letters where they are located?

Status
Not open for further replies.