Status
Not open for further replies.

17TLS02

Premium Subscriber
Hello I have a 651 and I was doing some research on scanner attenuators and i was wondering if i should use my attenuator and if so should i turn it on Global or just have it under the Rugelar and have it turned to Global or Have the regular attenuator setting on my pro 651 turned on to Global and also have the Global turned to on. Also what will this being on due to my scanners functionality.

DJ11DLN

The attenuator's function is to reduce or eliminate overload or "splatter" from very strong signals. You might try it in case you have a transmitter in your local area and see what it does. It will lower the signal strength and so won't be good for weak or distant signals.

You could always try it on a few of the frequencies/talkgroups you monitor and see what kind of a difference it makes...if things get better, fine, leave it. If they get worse, turn it back off. What works for one person in one place won't work for everyone everywhere...a big part of this hobby is experimenting with settings and tweaks to get what works for you, where you are, figured out.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.