Interested again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesfan

I dug out my old scanner and have gotten interested again but I can't get much with it. Will someone clue me in on what I need currently to monitor emergency frequencies in Independence Missouri, 64052 area please?

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I moved your post to the Missouri forum for better local visibility/

I_am_Alpha1

Jackson County, MO, is part of the regional 800mhz digital trunking system. You will need one of the new scanners from Uniden or Whistler to receive their signal...quite a few police depts are encrypted so you will not be able to hear them...ever. The newer scanners make it simple...just enter your zip code and it will get you started. Of course, if your "old scanner" is P25 capable, just plug in the new stuff from the RR database and off you go.

Bluesfan

I also need to delete a bunch of "junk" frequencies. But I am having fun with it again. I'm trying to decide if I want to invest any $ into this pro528. Charger, better antenna, car charger and program software maybe?

mule1075

Feed Provider
I also need to delete a bunch of "junk" frequencies. But I am having fun with it again. I'm trying to decide if I want to invest any $ into this pro528. Charger, better antenna, car charger and program software maybe?
That is up to you. But if it were me I would put that money towards a new digital scanner. Good luck in whatever you decide.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
I'm very tempted but it would have to wait. What would you recommend for the Kansas City area?

You'll want something that can handle P25 simulcast well, so my recommendations would be a Unication G4 or G5. Also, Uniden will be releasing the SDS100 in a few months (they claim it will handle simulcast much better than the current BCD436/BCD536 line of scanners). Good luck with whatever route you choose to go...scanning is no longer a cheap hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.