Cassville, MO analog vehicle repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRsTheMAN

In case you still have an analog scanner laying around since Cassville PD went MOSWIN, you can hear one of their police cruisers vehicle repeater on 155.6250Mhz You have to be within a couple of miles.

daddyjohn

Do you know which Moswin Tower(s) Cassville can be heard on?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

daddyjohn

There is actually 2 Barry County sites listed and I was wondering if somebody local to that area could tell me if they are using both or one. Thanks

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
Sites

They can use any sites that they affiliate with, or need for coverage purposes, in any area, or county. They aren't (usually) restricted (denied) to other sites.

sbcscann

Terry
Barry County

I live in Barry County...i would like to help you but I don't understand what you mean which moswin tower.. I'm sort of new to digital radios..
Frequencies for Barry law and barry travel but never hear anything .. I do hear traffic on Barry County sheriff and Cassville channels
And mercy ambulance went digital..

sbcscann

Terry
what actually is Moswin???
since I live in Barry County I trying to put in Taney County but can't receive them from where I live I used to listen to when they were analog... this might sound stupid but is there actually a moswin frequency

Last edited:

daddyjohn

Hear is more information on the MOSWIN system. It lists the frequencies associated with each tower or site. You can see the different towers or site locations and numbers.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6847

I monitor the Joplin, Newton County, Granby, and Friestatt sites and I do receive traffic for Barry County Sheriff, Cassville Police, and various Mercy locations mainly on the Granby and Friestatt sites. I live near Carthage and receive all of this with indoor antennas. Would like to get an outdoor antenna someday to reach sites further out.

Last edited:

sbcscann

Terry
Barry County

Wow you live in Carthage and pick up Barry County.. when I program in Taney County I cannot pick them up!! I can listen to them on an app.. I must be doing something wrong

daddyjohn

I can pick up Barry County because their traffic is broadcast on a tower or site that I can receive. I can pick up Newton and Lawrence County towers. I've read that people do have a hard time receiving Taney County traffic because of the terrain. In fact they say the Highway Patrol also has issues and will occasionally use their old lowan frequencies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

sbcscann

Terry
I live about 15 minutes from Taney County I figured I'd be able to pick them up. I wish you could just search scan all digital frequencies in my area instead of programming them all in and find out I can't get them.. and I didn't even know that Lawrence County went digital.. Highway Patrol I can pick them up everywhere..

daddyjohn

I am not sure what type of scanner you have but all I do is enter the Control Channel frequencies for the sites I want to listen to and then enter a wildcard to pick up all the Talkgroups. I record everything and then I will go back over the recordings and enter the actual talkgroup numbers that the wildcard has identified. I have a Home Patrol 1 and a Whistler TRX-1. I use the Whistler for the recording and wildcard.

daddyjohn

On the MOSWIN system and some other digital systems you have control channels and voice channels. In addition to that you also have phase 1 or phase 2. It is a way of letting several users use a few frequencies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

sbcscann

Terry
if i only knew what you meant by moswin site??? Recently barry county is using a analog freq now they're calling it barry south

frazpo

if i only knew what you meant by moswin site??? Recently barry county is using a analog freq now they're calling it barry south

MOSWIN is stands for Missouri statewide interoperability network. It is the digital radio system the highway patrol and many local agencies use for communication. The Barry site is that particular antenna site that the agency primarily uses. Barry county does use the MOSWIN system and still may simulcast on analog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.