St. Louis County Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

DwainJansen

Good Day. I live in St. Charles (Lake St. Louis) and was just wanting to ask advice from those that may live in St. Charles area. I Downloaded the SLATER frequencies for St. Louis Police/Fire, etc into my scanner. It looks like there are different system sites. I tried the St. Charles County Simulcast system as it had the strongest signal, but I pickup nothing. The only other system I receive a signal on is the STL County - Urban South P2. I still pickup nothing. Just wondering if there is a better system known that I should be using or if anyone had any advice. I will admit I am using the rubber antenna on my BCD436, but I thought if I had a signal I should at least pick something up.

Thanks So Much.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
You might not hear much from the StL County SLATER TG's. You may be too far away from any tower site for the county. The rubber duckie antenna is good for strong signals but I would try a couple things if you can. Try the tried and true Radio Shack 800MHz rubber antenna, or try a yagi antenna pointed towards StL County or the nearest StL County tower and see if that helps. Lastly you may want to take a drive down 70 or 64 closer to StL County and see if everything you programmed is working.

I live in southwest city and just barely (on good days) accidentally get signals from Jeff Co and I never get anything from St Charles. Just too far away. That's what I hate about trunking systems in the 700/800 range. Gone are the days with strong VHF hi and low bands that could be heard for fifty miles or more.

You may also get other ideas that could be better than my suggestions. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.