Moving to Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1100mac

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
Moving next week to Hamilton, I can find everything I need to program in the database, except the frequencies for Hamilton Police, and what site to program for the State Police in the area. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

bumby

Premium Subscriber
Hamilton frequencies

Hamilton Police primarily use 154.025, and work closely with Ravalli county sheriff, with a primary dispatch frequency of 156.225. The Montana Highway Patrol for the Hamilton area is in District 1 out of Missoula. The two primary frequencies used by MHP in Ravalli county would be dispatch on 154.665 and secondary car to car on 154.695. You may hear occasional traffic on other MHP frequencies but its not routine. Hamilton Fire dept uses 154.860. Success to you in your move and if you need other frequencies I am happy to help.

bumby

Premium Subscriber
NIH freq

I actually do not have NIH frequencies, they are federal and not listed in most resources. I know I hear the officers check in with Hamilton dispatch when they go on and off shift....I will have to pursue NIH frequencies and see what I can come up with......

b1100mac

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
Bumpy, the R/R database shows state troopers also use a p-25 system. Is this an analog p-25 system using the freq’s you provided or something else? I have 2 unication g-5’s and a sds100 so i have the capability to listen to pretty much any type of system.

bumby

Premium Subscriber
MHP-state-wide system

The troopers in Ravalli and Missoula counties use the analog version of the frequencies I posted. While Radio Reference identifies P25 state-wide interoperability system, I have not found it to be very active, at least not in the Ravalli or Missoula counties. In fact I do not even have it programmed in my scanner, as it is pretty dead. Other areas of the state and other readers may have a different experience with it. If so I would like to hear about it. In fact you will find some discussion of Montana interoperability system on RR, however, postings are rather dated and not directed at Missoula or surrounding communities. Again, I am open to hearing other points of view on this system.

Status
Not open for further replies.