• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Buying CPS from Motorola Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtscho

Database Admin
Can one buy CPS from Motorola Online, or does one need to call the 800 number? I applied for and was accepted for an online account, and then went and accepted the software license online. But there is still no way (that I see) to purchase software online.

Sorry for what is probably a basic question, but I searched here and on the Batboard, and couldn't really find a definitive answer.

Dave

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I purchased my software (XTS, MTS/MCS CPS) online - just use catalog search and enter the product numbers (because the names/descriptions don't always stay consistent).

dtscho

Database Admin
Thanks for the quick reply. I just tried your suggestion, and it didn't work. Maybe it works for some and not for others...

Dave

ke5fgc

Premium Subscriber
I had to call the 800 number so they could add the software to my catalog. After doing that I am now able to buy only certain software(MTS,MCS,HT-1000) so make sure you specify when on the phone with /\/\.

dtscho

Database Admin
I called the 800 number, and spoke with a helpful person. She said that because I just did the license agreement yesterday, it's too soon for the software to show up in the catalog. She said to wait another day, and then the software should show up in the catalog with all the other products.

Dave

unleashedff248

Massachusetts DBA
Database Admin
Give it a day or two and then call again. The rep needs to give you access once they see you've completed the license agreement.

bezking

Hi,
I have a MOL account and didn't have to do anything special to see the software... I just had to e-sign the license.

Attachments

• Picture 10.png
    Picture 10.png
    18 KB · Views: 12,469

ke5fgc

Premium Subscriber
I just checked my account and it looks like it will let me buy any of the CPS products... But i had to look up the software by part number to find it.

dtscho

Database Admin
OK, here's an update on the situation. Since the software was still not visible in the catalog this afternoon, I called Motorola again. The woman on the phone said that because I signed the license agreement so soon after getting the Motorola Online Account, a case number for the software license hadn't been generated. She got a case number generated, and said that they would probably get to it on Monday. Assuming I am approved, I would at that point be able to view the CPS in the online catalog.

I'll provide another update next week.

Dave

diskmonger

You'll see it in the catalog, it just takes time. I had to ask them to make it available as well even after I signed the software agreement.

If you do order software and want to download the software, I want to say you will also have to submit a ticket for them to make it available for download for you. You will also eventually get the CD in the mail about a month later.

chet-

After I signed the SW lic it still did not show up. I had to call and they had to open a help ticket up to find out why. They got it fixed and I was able to get the cps I needed. Took about a week which while your waiting to program a radio seems like a long time, but as soon as it was fixed I was able to download the cps. Just hang in there.

dtscho

Database Admin
Update on the software situation:

I was approved on Monday (6/9) for buying the software online. (I received an e-mail from Motorola.) I went to the Motorola Online website, and everything seems to be working. It looks like I am able to purchase all software, not just the MOTOTRBO CPS.

Dave

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Contrary to what people would have you believe...Motorola is still a business. If you are willing to pay a couple hundred bucks for software, they WILL sell it to you. Their biggest sticking point is making sure you understand that once you buy that software it is yours and yours alone, not to be shared. Motorola WILL sue you if they catch you giving the software to anyone, as well as go after the recipient.
In addition, Motorola staff are extremely pleasant and helpful...at least the ones I've dealt with!

dtscho

Database Admin
Contrary to what people would have you believe...Motorola is still a business. If you are willing to pay a couple hundred bucks for software, they WILL sell it to you. Their biggest sticking point is making sure you understand that once you buy that software it is yours and yours alone, not to be shared. Motorola WILL sue you if they catch you giving the software to anyone, as well as go after the recipient.
In addition, Motorola staff are extremely pleasant and helpful...at least the ones I've dealt with!

Well, that's exactly what I'm planning on doing (using the software myself and not sharing), so I should be OK!

Dave

dtscho

Database Admin
Another update: I purchased the MOTOTRBO software and programming cable on 6/16, and it was shipped on 6/17. It should arrive tomorrow.

As of last night, I was also able to download the software from the Motorola Online website (so I kind of have a preview of what I'm getting on CD).

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.