• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola Minitor V

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Hey,
I know that some of you out there have Motorolas Minitor V pager
I am looking for a user guide/manual for it
I have searched google dozens of pages back and can only find the brochure

If anyone out there can scan the pages or give me a link to download the user guide/manual it will be much appreciated. PM me
Thanks

BigD691

speaking of the 5

Hey guys, i know the old Minitor 3s had an issue with the knob coverings falling off. Well, i've had my 5 for almost 3 years, and last month the covering for the channel selector knob (with the button for the stored voice) fell off and i cant seem to find it. I've looked online and cant seem to find anywhere that would just sell the covering for the knob. I'm thinking i would have to take it to a radio service/repair shop to have it sent out for repair...i surely hope not, any suggestions?

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Hey guys, i know the old Minitor 3s had an issue with the knob coverings falling off. Well, i've had my 5 for almost 3 years, and last month the covering for the channel selector knob (with the button for the stored voice) fell off and i cant seem to find it. I've looked online and cant seem to find anywhere that would just sell the covering for the knob. I'm thinking i would have to take it to a radio service/repair shop to have it sent out for repair...i surely hope not, any suggestions?

All I can suggest is this person for parts
eBay Store - VFD solutions priced right: Minitor II Parts, Minitor IV Parts, Minitor V Parts

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
User Manual and Programming Guide files attached

Attachments

• motorola minitor v user guide.pdf
    141.4 KB · Views: 14,598

K5RYA

If you need a cheap programmer pickup a Radio Shack USB Scanner Cable. The software for the Minitor V is freely available on Motorola's site and the USB Cable at radio shack is much cheaper than the outrageous amount places sell the programming base for. All you really need is some wire and you can do it. Same goes for the III and IV but you have to find the software for those.

kyparamedic

If you need a cheap programmer pickup a Radio Shack USB Scanner Cable. The software for the Minitor V is freely available on Motorola's site and the USB Cable at radio shack is much cheaper than the outrageous amount places sell the programming base for. All you really need is some wire and you can do it. Same goes for the III and IV but you have to find the software for those.

When you say scanner cable, I assume you're referring to a radio scanner and not a computer scanner, correct? What specific cable am I looking for and what is needed to connect it to the Minitor?

Thanks!

K5RYA

yep thats it. its pretty easy. here is the pics from when i did it.

IMG_7542.jpg

IMG_7543.jpg

IMG_7545.jpg

IMG_7550.jpg

IMG_7551.jpg

pddispatcher

How about detailed instructions how to do that?

I have a programmer but just for everyone else?

K5RYA

I have plans on doing a full write up and posting it here on RR but I just haven't had the time to sit down and do it. If you look at the pics and the pinout for the V you can figure it all out. All you need is a few things from Radio Shack and presto. Saved me from spending $$$ on a programmer. I will do a write up when I get the time. In the meantime if anyone has any questions or problems getting it working feel free to PM me and I will try to help you out.

K5RYA

I just haven't got around to it. I will get around to it as soon as I have some time. It's pretty easy. Just take the plastic cover off the USB Scanner Programming Cable and connect the three contacts on the scanner side (not the 4 on the usb side) as shown to the 3 holes on the bottom of the minitor as shown in the pic. if you can't tell, (consider the top row left to right in that pic pins 1-5) that is pin 2, pin 4 and pin 5. you can see from the different colors which pin needs to contact where on the programmer. just hold the pins in and read the codeplug with the PPS software free from motorola.

If you have trouble or get stuck feel free to PM me, I usually get back to messages at various times of the day, I just haven't had the time to sit down and do a full write up on this, or if I have it is spent doing a million other things or maybe trying to get a glimpse of some sort of personal life. :p

I promise I will try to do a full write up, and maybe even a short bit about how to make the somewhat more sophisticated but still homemade programmer that I built.

Last edited:

MBECKNELL

Premium Subscriber
question for you guys do you know if you can take a mintor 5 an make a two channel one thru the programing software???? if they pager is only one channel

adamdavis

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
In the engineering mode you can do that. However it requires modification to the PPS software files to unlock or make the engineering mode available,this is done with a file editor. There is a thread here somewhere can't remember if it was here or batlabs......., I read it , however I didn't feel like I was comfortable enough with altering the pps files to make the engineering mode available in the software. If you pm me I can give you a contact who programs pagers for 5.00 plus shipping (first class which is like 3.50) He may be able to add a second channel not sure though never asked him about it I have always sent him 2 channel pagers.

Status
Not open for further replies.