• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT1250 Radio Locked Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9kop

Premium Subscriber
I have had this VHF 1250 for nearly 4 years and using it as my personal Radio during Patrol. With me in Law Enforcement I wanted the radio to be locked when turned on.. It would ask ENTER PASSWORD. I would enter my assigned password and then I would be locked in. I had it Password protected at powerup that way no one would find it if lost and transmit on my Departments freqs.

Anyway.. I actually left this radio for about an hour at a friends.. And apparently he took it and tried to figure out the password. According to Motorola it Locked the radio.. due to to many incorrect tries of the password, it locked it..

now the radio only says RADIO LOCKED and cannot get it to allow me to log in or anything..

I read the radio with my laptop with my RIB and software.. and tried to uncheck my password login and it will not write to radio nor allow me to unselect the disable password login at startup.

I have never seen this on this radio in the 4 years of me owning this.. My friend isnt into radio he has no clue about this stuff so I know he didnt nor would he ever try to have it programmed and with only an hour of the radio there wouldnt even be much time for issues to have happened..

I have tried pushing many buttons then turning power on to allow me to enter my password.. I have held nearly every combination of buttons I could think of trying to get into a menu.. the only thing it will allow me to do it put it in CLONE mode.. thats it.. otherwise screen says RADIO LOCKED..

also it does have a full DTMF pad also..
Thanks for all the help..
Hope someone has some info or help..

w0web

Premium Subscriber
Ht-1250

I would try and call the big /\/\ @ (800) 814-0601 and ask for post sells support, I do have an account and have found them to be very helpful with radio support.
they asked for a copy of the codeplug to be sent to them and they sent it back corrected and all I needed to do was write it back to the radio ( all while I was on the phone with them)

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
Leave the radio turned on for 15 minutes. It should unlock and allow you to enter your password. If it does not unlock, then you have to, have the depot repair the radio.

k9kop

Premium Subscriber
THanks for the replies.. I had the radio off for 15 minutes.. Same thing.. Says Radio Locked.. I will take it back to Moto shop see what they say this time.

Astrak

THanks for the replies.. I had the radio off for 15 minutes.. Same thing.. Says Radio Locked.. I will take it back to Moto shop see what they say this time.

I think he was saying to leave it ON for 15 minutes.

XTS3000

There is a small coin cell battery in these radios. If it doens't come back to life after 15 minutes, replace the internal coin cell battery. With dead coin cell, the radios internal clock stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.