• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT1250 "EEPROM CS ERROR" Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2hbx

Premium Subscriber
I may have missed this in another thread...if I'm duplicating information, I apologize.

Motorola has released Version 06.11.05 of the Professional CPS. This new version has the ability to recover radios from the EEPROM CS ERROR failure. The caveat is that the corruption must be in the CPS modifiable area of the codeplug in order for the recovery to work. The CPS puts the radio in Test Mode and dumps a factory default codeplug into the radio. Then it can be reprogrammed as desired.

It does work! I recovered a customer's HT1250 yesterday. The CPS reads the radio and pops up a window telling you that corruption has been detected (like you didn't know that already, right?) and gives you some options on how you want to proceed with the recovery. Select the recovery option and let it do its thing. In a couple of seconds you have a recovered radio showing the default "Channel 1". Reprogram and smile!

Larry

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Damn. I use R06.08.05

N2JDS

Thanks n2hbx, did not know new version came out, just downloaded and will try to revive a radio that errored.

jrt392

Thanks n2hbx, did not know new version came out, just downloaded and will try to revive a radio that errored.
i was wondering where you can download the 06.11.05 software i have a ht1250 reading that error thanks

n2hbx

Premium Subscriber
Software Download

It's available for download at Motorola Online if you have an account with them. Otherwise, you'd have to purchase it from Motorola directly.

Larry

N2JDS

I had a radio that had this error and thanks to this posting, I was able to revive a dead radio. was very simple to fix with new version.

SCPD

QRT
Im trying to unbrick a ht1550 with the new software but it keeps freezing after i tell it to recover the codeplug. am i missing something? also if this doesnt work how do i go about contacting the depot for service

SD70MAC

Cps

Im trying to unbrick a ht1550 with the new software but it keeps freezing after i tell it to recover the codeplug. am i missing something? also if this doesnt work how do i go about contacting the depot for service

I tried it on a CDM1550 and it did not work.

SCPD

QRT
Ok installed it on a different computer and worked beautifully my respect for motorola is slowly restoring

SD70MAC

eeprom

Ok installed it on a different computer and worked beautifully my respect for motorola is slowly restoring

Cool that sounds good. The radio I tried was eeprom cs 'ed by someone else and the CPS 6.11.05 did not recover it, but I had to fix it the way I always do. I want to see it recover one and see how it does it in auto ,unlike doing it manually. Did it also recover the tuning data or did you check ? Normally the tuning data is lost and you have to retune or use a saved tuning data file to get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.