• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorloa GP360 software problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

dixie729

Premium Subscriber
I just got my Motorola GP360, and i need help on programming it. When i put in that small disc it says, WINDOWS CANNOT OPEN FILE:
FILE: GP300_APPLICATION_R030803 EMEA.rar
It wants me to go online to look the program to open it, or manually select from a list of programs installed on computer.
Can any one help guide me through the processes.
Kevin.

dixie729

Premium Subscriber
Ok i've dowloaded WinZip, and everything, now when i go to Read Device it says:
CAN NOT CREATE, UNKNOWN RADIO COMPONENT.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Ummmm... If it was legitmatley purchased software from motorola it wouldnt be an issue. Also sharing of Motorola software is illegal

bezking

It didn't even occur to me - the only legal way to obtain CPS is through Motorola - and it shouldn't be in RAR form...

dixie729

Premium Subscriber
I got the radio off of ebay and it came with the little cd and the cable to program the radio, since it was not directly through motorola can i not program it using this software?

dixie729

Premium Subscriber
ok thanks, i'll jus take it to the local motorola 2 way radio shop and have them program it. Thanks for the help.
Kevin.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Good luck with a Motorola dealer.. Since its an import radio I doubt they have the correct software. I dont know if they can even get the software if they had to. Also its an import I dont think its FCC type accepted and they wont even try. You may find somone here who can do it.

K8ZCS

Feed Provider
Did you check the com port setting?
Did you extract the file into its own folder or just run it in WinZip?

Let us know as much info as you can, even if it seems trivial, and we will try to help.

Ed

dixie729

Premium Subscriber
I got my computer to read my radio. Now does anyone know how to program the frequences to the channels and everything?

K8ZCS

Feed Provider
go to "tree view"
expand (push the plus sign) the .cpg you read
expand the "Per Channel"
double click "Per Channel - 1"
make your changes
click the forward button to go to Channel 2
etc...

dixie729

Premium Subscriber
On our channel we have a tone and it is 114.8 PL would the RX PL mode be disabled or PL, DPL, Inverted DPL.
and would the TX PL be disabled or PL, DPL, inverted DPL.

Last edited:

K8ZCS

Feed Provider
Leave the recieve as disabled if you want the radio to use carier squelch (hear everyone on the channel regardless of PL), or change to PL and select the correct PL frequency.

K8ZCS

Feed Provider
TX is the same, change to PL and set the PLfrequency to 114.8
For Ch2, leave both as disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.