• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Problem w/ MT2000 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

JM317

Hi All,

Maybe someone can help with the issues I am having with MT2000 software and/or the radio. I am using Motorola Radio Software, Version R06.07.00 to program a MT2000 portable. With said, the Scan List and Zone/Channel Assignment will not let me view any channels after the listed 1-8, 17-24, 33-48 therefore, I can not change channels 9-16 and 25-32 with adding/deleting frequency, alias or scanning mode. In addition, I can only scan 8 channels and unfortunately, ultimately can not change any channels that aren't listed in Zone/Channel Assignments.

Any help would be great and if additional information is needed, please let me know.

Thanks,
J

JM317

Thank you for the reply, B7spectra. I have tried that several times, I am going to dig out an old laptop in the basement to see if maybe the keyboard has a problem. I'll let you know as soon as I find out!

Thanks again,
J

JM317

I tried programming on a different computer and it worked fine. It appears that the keyboard went on the computer I was using. Thanks B7Spectra for your help!

hkmeehan

Hello radio world.. I am having a problem reading my codeplug on my MT2000 (H01SDH9AA7AN) i'm using rss version R06.00.00, when i attempt to read it i get to like 6 or 7% then get a checksum error or request not ACKed/NAKed error.. Does anyone possible have a resolution for it or possibly a clean codeplug i can program into it? If so i would greatly appreciate it.. my e-mail is hkmeehan@comcast.net..

I hope someone can help.. thanks.

brandas96

motorola mts2000 programming

i have a motorola mts2000. i am trying to program it but when the software goes to read the code plug this comes up >REQUEST NOT ACKed/NAKed ERROR< does any one know how to fix this

N1GJB

From what I was reading elsewhere on the net, here are some things to check:

-Make sure the programming cable is making good contact with the pins on the side of the radio.
-Make sure the RIB box is properly powered. If it's battery powered, replace the battery.
-Make sure the programming cable has a good ground.

It could also be a software issue (computer running too fast, etc), but the culprit is likely one of the above issues, assuming you have used this setup successfully before.

brandas96

i replaced the battery, and made shore that the radio was conected and i still i got the same error

cmdrwill

Some RIB do not play well with the RS232 on some computers.
I posted on this in another post recently.

The RIB was poorly engineered and does not match the RS232 standard signal levels. The aftermarket ones are no better, just knock-off copies.

cmdrwill

Also some RI Boxes will not work on some radios. Even factory Motorola. Even on different computers. One of the problems might be a lack of negative voltage swing on the Busy out and RX (data out) lines back to the computer. You might want to try and change the value of R14 to 1.5k and R11 to 1K.

I did some extensive research (1990's) with the Motorola RIB's, And made some modifications make to some of the values to make the circuit more compatible with RS232. The modified schematic can be found here.see: http://www.batlabs.com/images/rib_mod.jpg
This already has the standard RS232 25 pin connector on it.

There is even a more modern version of the RIB. and the beat goes on.....

brandas96

i have a motorola mts2000 i need to program it. i have cps r01.05.14 i need to update it. how can i update it

Status
Not open for further replies.