• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

[ASK] about controler 6809 and MTC3600

Status
Not open for further replies.

threadsetter

fist of all, I am a new member here and worked as a technician who handles radio motorola system.. i've some problems about controler 6809 and MTC3600

so, i wanted to ask about :

1. What a difference a controller 6809 and MTC3600 ?

2. Why the IR Quantar can't connect with mtc3600, meanwhile the existing 6809 controller connect to Quantar ?

i would be grateful if anyone would answer .. thx

Luis_R

MTC 3600 is a trunking controller that runs at 3600 baud rate.

IR Quantar is a IntelliRepeater and does not use a controller. This is the reason why the IR Quantar does not connect to the MTC 3600.

kuncunk

how about controller 6809 ? could you give more explanation ?
in the quantar rss we have multiple choices such as intellirepeater, conventional, controller 6809 etc. And we choose IR quantar as 6809 smartnet so we have to provide controller MTC3600. Dou you have any idea about that ?
I have customer they have quantar non ir with controller 6809, can we remove controller 6809 and install controller mtc3600 ?

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
The MTC3600 is essentially an updated version of the 6809 controller. I can't recite any of the feature improvements but it's all new hardware. I don't think it improves on much other than just bringing all the components and interface up to date.

An IntelliRepeater can only be used as a network site in a SmartZone network (or setup "standalone" with NO controller with very basic features). So it's not even an option for the 6809 or MTC. I'm not sure what you're trying to do but there's nothing wrong with running a Quantar with a 6809.

kuncunk

thank you very much for explanation.
But still i have a problem, if we want to replace controller 6809 with MTC3600 and connected to non ir quantar, can we do that ? or what should we do ? could you give suggestion please ?

Luis_R

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

The answer to your question is, yes. But not if the station is set up for IR. As stated before, the MTC controller is an ugrade of the 6809.

Luis_R

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

The answer to your question is, yes. But not if the station is set up for IR. As stated before, the MTC controller is an ugrade of the 6809.

monitor142

It's not too bad. Replaced a 6809 with a MTC3600. Motorola provided the jumpers for the DB-15? to RJ-45 and made a few new jumpers for the leased line modems for the CEB/console. Loaded the revised codeplug into the MTC3600 and away we went. The fun part was rebuilding the SAC!

-M142

kuncunk

Thank you for suggestion.
Actually i have already done following task:
1. disconnected 10 base T ( bnc jumper between quantar )
2. connected db-15 ( quantar J14 ) to RJ-45 ( MTC3600 ) pin assignment
db-25 RJ-45
19 1
22 2
12 3
25 4
13 5
11 6
23 7
24 8

3. Reprogram quantar as smartnet ( 6809 controller ) and afew parameter of course

And the result is still not working, we can see from ACE board there is no communication between quantar and MTC3600. I just wondering because in the manual quantar is supported MTC3600. in my opinion there is some thing wrong with the jumper connection ( pin assignment ) between quantar and MTC3600, Do you have any idea ?

Luis_R

And the result is still not working, we can see from ACE board there is no communication between quantar and MTC3600. I just wondering because in the manual quantar is supported MTC3600. in my opinion there is some thing wrong with the jumper connection ( pin assignment ) between quantar and MTC3600, Do you have any idea ?

Do you have your ACE board set up correctly? What is the part number for your ACE board? What software version is in the ACE board?

kuncunk

Hi, Luis
I am so sorry i can't answer your question because i was on site, not in the office. Actually i have already ask my friend to send part number and software version, but he didnt send it.

BR

kuncunk

mbahmojer

thank you very much for explanation.
But still i have a problem, if we want to replace controller 6809 with MTC3600 and connected to non ir quantar, can we do that ? or what should we do ? could you give suggestion please ?

Hi mas Kuncunk
You should replace the SCM board of your Quantar with CLN1293 so you can connect to MTC3600 SmartNet controller and you must adjust low data speed fsk modulation on your Quantar until in the right shape ( see Quantar manual )

Semoga berhasil

arqureshi2007

MTC3600 controller

Hi mate,

Do you know much about MTC3600 controller? I need some information. I actually need to know if we can edit the controller configurations or not. Normally its a CDP file. Can we edit that file? Kindly assist. Thanks.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.