• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Minitor activating on other tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

luky2122

Please help, I have a minitor 3 and I have programed it to my specific two tone frequency, the problem is that another house has a similar group call and when they are toned out my pager goes hay wire.. I don't know if it's because the tones are to close to each other? or my maybe their is something I could change on the settings of my pager to only go off on my tones?

My tones

A- 1122.5 B- 339.6

Other house

A- 339.9 B-339.9

do you see how it's the frequency is very close to each other... can I adjust my pager to only pick up mine? Thank you...

brian209

Feed Provider
Please help, I have a minitor 3 and I have programed it to my specific two tone frequency, the problem is that another house has a similar group call and when they are toned out my pager goes hay wire..

luky,

I suspect that your pager is set up to activate both on a two-tone 1122 / 339 and also a long tone 339 which makes your pager activate on the other station's page.

If you have the ability to read the pager do that and make sure that you only have the two-tone activation programmed. 339.6 and 339.9 are close enough that the minitor III is probably going to activate on either tone, but if the 1122 does not precede the 339 tone your pager should stay closed.

Brian

luky2122

yes I do have the ability to read the pager, and I have only selected the two tone option, not the long tone.. but I will take a closer look. I wonder if the fact that the tone is so close to each other that it is bleeding over... and to answere the two tone question, that station is activated as a long tone...

NCFire11

339.6 and 339.9 are easily close enough to each other to alert on each other. I actually tested my pager by sending tones 1 hz above it until it would not activate. It kept activating until i got to 7hz above the programmed frequency.

But still, if a and b are both 339.9, its not a a two tone frequency.

luky2122

Correct it would be a group call... I understand this, but their is nothing I can do about it...

Here is the back ground on it, our departments radio management is not the highest understood in the world.. it has been a sistem that was put in place years ago, and now we are left of what seems to be an understood system that we have to deal with until it is properly fixed.

When you mentioned that you tested your pager by sending tones 1hz and above, what exactly do you mean? can I change this on ours? I have the software for programing the minitors 3 & 4's.... and have access to the engineer loggin. Now, how can I change this?

What I did today was change the option for the pager to activate on the group call, I took it off, and change the squelch to 5. Hopefully this will change the problem. Remeber that the pager does not go off when the other station is alerted, it just opens the pager for a second before it resets itself..

Thank you for your help and time..

NCFire11

Ok my tones were 384.6 and 977.2.

I took my encoder and started sending tones 1 hz up with every dispatch until it stopped activating..

So i went 384.6/977, 384.6/978, 384.6/979, 384.6/980, 384.6/981, 384.6/982, 384.6/983 and it wouldnt activate on 984

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Two tones of the same freq were used to alert older Plectrons using a single tone, when QCII was the only available encode format.

For giggles, you may want to try A-B, long A since the 1122.5 doesn't seem to be the problem freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.