• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT1250 LS+ Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonezy

Hey I'm looking to program an HT1250LS+ with the FRS/GMRS frequencies and some questions came up when doing some research I want to be able to use Quick Call but read this:

"There are two tiers of LS+ radios...limited & full, basically. Your model is the lower tier...only capable of 18 conventional personalities, with no MDC signalling. Your model number needs to end in "7AN" or "9AN" to have the full capabilities. Yours likely ends in "6AN", correct? Unfortunately, you're pretty well stuck with what you have."

My radio does end in 6AN so basically I only can have 18 conventional channels but can I use Quick Call or not? I also noticed after some youtube research of the HT1250 I have nowhere near the amount of options when I hit the menu button?

Last edited:

Laxplurr06

motorola ht1250 ls+

According to post 7 on the link above your HT1250 LS+ will not do signalling such as MDC1200 and QC call.

The menu items can be activated in the CPS. In my CPS their are areas where I cant activate things like group scan (Only a feature on LS models). You are likely to see the same when you attempt to change the menu items when programming the radio.

Jonezy

Ok Thanks

motorola ht1250 ls+

According to post 7 on the link above your HT1250 LS+ will not do signalling such as MDC1200 and QC call.

The menu items can be activated in the CPS. In my CPS their are areas where I cant activate things like group scan (Only a feature on LS models). You are likely to see the same when you attempt to change the menu items when programming the radio.

Thank you VERY much. Finally a simple Yes or No answer... haha

Laxplurr06

No problem. The next thing to do is sell that radio on ebay or the RR classifieds, so you can put the money towards a real HT1250.

Jonezy

Another Question

As I was flipping through the current programming on it I kinda of realized if this is supposedly only 16 conventional frequencies....I thought about how many frequencies are actually in it....I hope you can help again. Town's LTR trunking system has 6 trunked frequencies that cover Fire, Police, EMS, Schools, Parks & Recreation, and Townwide plus the 2 conventional fireground frequencies, and a conventional Townwide frequency. AND 15 Non-Trunked Frequencies that are for our use when providing coverage for other towns.

So in that link you sent me Post # 3 contradicts Post # 7?

Laxplurr06

I believe you are saying that the current code plug contains 17 conventional frequencies along with the current trunked system. Is this correct?

The best thing to do is is load your current programming and see if it will take 18 channels. You may also want to make sure you are not able to program signalling which you originally wanted. The best way to find out is to try it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.