• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CPS- Changing channel list in multiple XTL 2500 Mobile Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

hose-man

I've been tasked with making a small change to the numbering of channels, and some PL tones in our 15 VHF Vehicle Mounted Radios. System is conventional.

I have successfully read, edited and sent the edited codeplug to one of the radios. I desire the same same channel list to be in each radio, but the changes are data entry intensive. I'm not able to use my edited codeplug from the first radio on subsequent radios because the Serial Number doesn't match.

I've tried utilizing the picklist tool, but we have 52 channels and importing each one individually is not time efficient either.

I have delt with programming HT750 and HT1250 handhelds, but this is my first foray into Mobile Radio hardware/sofware.

Questions: Can turn my edited codeplug into a generic codeplug that I can write to the rest of my radios?

Is there a different way to use the pick list that allows me to import the entire channel list into each radio's codeplug after i've read it? That would be a rapid enough change to do in-vehicle without significant down time.

Thanks in advance for your help.

RKG

1) If the radios are the same model with the same feature set, you can use one of the clone functions.

2) If they are not, try the Export/Import function (set your options to Import Overwrite vs. Import Append).

N1GTL

Database Admin
Are you CLONING the code plug or trying to just write it to the second radio. You should be cloning. As long as the model number and feature sets of the radios are the same, it should write. Astro25 software is NOT the same as the Pro series. You need to use CLONE.

If for some reason it is not cloning, you can do a "top node" drag and drop. To do this:

1. Open your saved codeplug in Astro25 CPS

2. Open a second session of Astro25 CPS and, with the second radio connected, READ that radio.

3. Position the two session of CPS side by side so you can see the "trees".

4. Move your mouse over the top of the tree of the saved code plug, usually where the serial number will be displayed. Left click and hold the mouse button down.

5. Move the mouse over the second session of CPS (the radio you just read), putting the mouse pointer over the serial number in the tree and release the mouse button.

All of the settings should copy over to the radio you read. Then you just need to write it. You will get a message the the top node copy was successful.

Last edited:

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Drag and Drop feature works quite well for this in Astro25 CPS. Open two instances of the CPS side by side on screen and drag the entire zone channel assignment from the source codeplug and drop it in the other codeplug. You would have to do this one time for each codeplug.

hose-man

Drag & drop from desired code plug to just read code plug. Got it. I'll give it a shot & report my experience.

Thanks for the replies.

viet5d

Are you CLONING the code plug or trying to just write it to the second radio. You should be cloning. As long as the model number and feature sets of the radios are the same, it should write. Astro25 software is NOT the same as the Pro series. You need to use CLONE.

If for some reason it is not cloning, you can do a "top node" drag and drop. To do this:

1. Open your saved codeplug in Astro25 CPS

2. Open a second session of Astro25 CPS and, with the second radio connected, READ that radio.

3. Position the two session of CPS side by side so you can see the "trees".

4. Move your mouse over the top of the tree of the saved code plug, usually where the serial number will be displayed. Left click and hold the mouse button down.

5. Move the mouse over the second session of CPS (the radio you just read), putting the mouse pointer over the serial number in the tree and release the mouse button.

All of the settings should copy over to the radio you read. Then you just need to write it. You will get a message the the top node copy was successful.

Is the serie number of the 2nd radio will be changed after copy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.