• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Ht750

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant78

Hi all new here to the forums. I picked up four HT750 units used. Guy said they were used for about two years and boxed up since 08. I just got them for my kids to play around with going fishing etc. I just got around to plugging them up they all appear to charge fine.

Turn them on I get two beeps green light flashes. None of the four radios will communicate. They are all the 4 channel units original date writting inside is 2006. When the ptt button is pushed the red light lights up. I do not hear any feed back on any of the channels. Channel 4 on all of the radios gives off a loud beep.

Is there any reason why none of thee radios will communicate with each other?

Thanks iin advance for any help.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
They were either not programmed the same or are programmed for repeater channels and without the repeater, they won't talk to each other. That is, unless one of the buttons is programmed for talk-around. Either way, they'll need to be reprogrammed to properly licensed frequencies if you want to be legit.

Are they VHF or UHF? They could technically be programmed to MURS if VHF (license free but with certain restrictions) or GMRS (license needed though) if UHF.

ant78

From what I can tell they are UHF 450-512. How much is the programming and how much for the license? Sorry for the newbie questions. I am trying to navigate my way thru all of the forums here. A lot to read and catch up on.

Thanks for the help.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
No problem. They could be used on GMRS and the license costs $85, is good for 5 years and will cover your immediate family. Programming charges differ from shop to shop so I can't really say. I'm not even sure what the Motorola shop I work at would charge, sorry (isn't that sad!!)!

You might be able to find a local ham who could program for you for much less. Not sure where you live but where I am, plenty of hams are Moto enthusiasts and are capable of programming.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Been a while since i have been in the industry but at the old shop i worked at we charged 85 an hour for stuff like that with a minimum of half hour.
Heck i still have my CPS for the HT750 series radios. Not sure where your located at but im in Texas.
If your in TX let me know and ill help you get them programmed.

ant78

Thanks everyone. I am actually in Philly. Will i be able to apply for a license at a store or will i have to download some forms and send them in myself?

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Get your GMRS license, I can help you out with getting them programmed. I'm in the western part of MontCo.

Sent from my iPhone
using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.