• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola tones question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Securevoice

Hi guys,

You probably think "oh no not again" when you read the headline.

Well the thing is I´m administation a Tetra fleet in our department and we wanna add different attention tones to the system as we don´t have any. We use Motorola portables but big M don´t support the dispatch part of the Tetra Net here. That means other compagnies are invloved in that part.

Sad as it is I can´t find any useful documentation on the attention tones that´s normally used from Motorola dispatch consoles (older and newer ones).

What I need is information on the two tone (maybe 1500/8-900Hz) as well as the NYPD pulsating tone and the code 3 LAPD tone.

I remember from the old Centracom days that the two tone variant was used a lot around here. I have a Gaitronic Command Plus console which also has the two-tone feature (just for hobby use back then).

I´d really appreciate any useful documentation. What I need is the tone duration as well as the Hz. I have a meeting with the supplier for the dispatch part coming up so it would be great to pass the wanted adds over by then.

Hope someone can help me out on this one.

Thanks in advance.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Not sure if this is same for Tetra, but when Motorola introduced Astro and P25, the IMBE Vocoder really didn't reproduce since wave tones very well, so the tone generation was moved to the subscriber. So alert tones and such are generated as an option bit in the P25 CAI. I would suggest reviewing the Tetra specs to see what option codes might make the tones. Then your console vendor must map those codes to your required function.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

firefive76

Steady is 1004Hz
Pulsing is 1004Hz for 250ms then a 250ms gap
Hi/low is 1500Hz for 250 ms then 800Hz for 250ms

Edit: Wow, just saw this was a really old thread that was just kicked back up yesterday!

Last edited:

Securevoice

Thanks to both of you guys I appreciate it.
Yes it´s on old thread but nobody replyed back then. Meanwhile I´ve been redrawn from the project I mentioned. I did although get the hi-low as well as the LAPD tones to work. The supplier of Our CAD/CADI recieved the wanted tones as a link from youtube where I actually found the tones in different vidoes. I wanted the ecaxt specs and the links were only ment as an appetizer which is why I posted here asking for details back in 2013. The supplier although did only extract the exact part of the sound file from the videoes and hardcoded them into the CAD. It then worked/works like this when you select a specific announcementgroup (Tetra) on the GUI in the CC the tone appiliated with the announcementgroup will the be broadcasred once you click on that group. I didn´t ever get to like that solution and it wasn´t how I wanted it to function of course. However they never dig into finding a way to configure a F-button on the keyboard instead as a "fire away" feature a la the way it worked on the older consoles like Command Plus and Centracom. I own a Command Plus in my private set up and I kinda wanted the tones to be transmitted basically in the same way except it would be the CAD generation the tones based on Dispatcher Keyboard configuration at the CC. Like I said the task was too heavy for the supplier in question. Motorola also didn´t wanna add the specific tones as a feature in the subscribers. Could be done easily if linked to the featureset of the socalled "Call Out" funktionality which We had invested in already as to upgrade the CADI funcktions needed for the new Lay Out.

Long story I know just wanted to kinda explain what this originally was all about.

Again thanks a lot for filling me in on those specs.

Securevoice

Ha ha that´s pretty much how these things work irl.
I´ve been working closely together with both Moto and other vendors as well. I think much of the joy with Moto has been due to the fact that I´m familar with the basic Moto drawinglines in their way of thinking which makes it easy for me to work together with most parts of the Moto teams. They sometimes are limited in their way of thinking due to specific demands from the Administration which sometimes lead to near by collisions between the parties as I saw needs and possible options as something they basically already had made in the past and therefore knew of, which the present staff at Moto DON´T as they represent a new era of socalled business orientated thinking (like people didn´t think like that in the past) and they wouldn´t know of any older products and advantages of which could be used again as already invented. That´s when an Organization gets too big when it dosn´t even know what it already knows. They are about to learn although as you now see products known from the P25 Productline in the US (and other places) being used in the Tetra Productline as well. The LTE VSM is just one example.
Hopefully the future will show us a lot of interesting stuff from both sides of the markets in the same bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.