• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

How to obtain 25kz entitlement keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabletech

In order to obtain the 25kz keys that will allow for wide band programing, their is a narrow band training that you have to take.

There are five keys.

First off you have to have a MOL account. Go to traning, click on the LMS drop down, then in the upper right , enter narrowbanding, as one word, in the search box.

It will bring up the following: PRD0001.00E - FCC NARROWBANDING MANDATE TRAINING

Click on it and complete. Wait about 4 hours for the record to get logged into the system, then go to
case magement and open a case stating that you have taken the training, include your cert #, and that
you are requesting the keys.

Within 24-36 hrs, you will recieve a e-mail about the ablity to order the keys.

At this point, go buying center>search catalog, enter in the part number and place your order.

Waring, the system is not setup to order all the keys at the same time, they must be ordered indivially.

After placeing your order, within 24-36 hours you will recieve e-mail with the key code.

DO NOT LOSE THEM, THEY ARE ONLY ISSUEABLE ONCE.

Here is the part numbers:

Mototrbo – HKVN4046A

Professional Series – HKVN4180A

PR860 – HKVN4181A

Commercial Series – HKVN4182A

CP185 – HKVN4183A

sweet thanks! I opened a case a week ago asking for this information and still haven't heard anything back from them.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Just tried to take the course, but it is not to be found at LMS. I think that I have to contact Customer Service to have them enable the course for our account. Oh, what fun!

CommJunkie

Now the question is, if you go through all this for the newest versions of the CPS, will you need to do this all over again when they come out with another new version of the software down the line?

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
Now the question is, if you go through all this for the newest versions of the CPS, will you need to do this all over again when they come out with another new version of the software down the line?

Probably not. The entitlement keys should work with succeeding versions of CPS.

I don't think even Motorola wants to deal with all the complaints they'd get if they were to make us get keys for each new revision.

cabletech

Just tried to take the course, but it is not to be found at LMS. I think that I have to contact Customer Service to have them enable the course for our account. Oh, what fun!

I just tryed it and it is there. You have to use training>LMS then the search box up in the right corner.
It will bring it up. Click on the highlited course.

The information that I have recieved is, this is a one time hoop to jump thu, other then maybe a differant key depending on what software you have/will buy.

Once you take the course you should be ok.

The info I have is that this hoop is a one time deal, then you just have to check availablity for any other programs that you buy.

Last edited:

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
I just tryed it and it is there. You have to use training>LMS then the search box up in the right corner.
It will bring it up. Click on the highlited course.

The information that I have recieved is, this is a one time hoop to jump thu, other then maybe a differant key depending on what software you have/will buy.

Once you take the course you should be ok.

The info I have is that this hoop is a one time deal, then you just have to check availability for any other programs that you buy.

Still had to call Customer Service. They had to make a minor adjustment on our account for the course to appear. All is good.

I asked about the "one time deal" and she wasn't sure. Said I'd have to talk to a different department to get a firm answer.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!

enter an entitlement ID and the CPS contacts its license server (internet connection required) and attempts registration of your account as long as entitlement attached to your account it should be active
hmmm, this attempt from motorola to have the CPS connect to internet, just for entitlement ID's right now, but makes me think this could be something we could be seeing more of in the future and not just for entitlement ID's

mancow

Database Admin
I just finished the on line training course in MOL for WBFM. The video completed and there was no other option but to close the course. When I go to the training center nothing comes up. Does something appear in my account somewhere after a while or what?

Ah never mind. Popup blocker kept it from opening.

N4KVE

The entitlement key from "M" is good forever, through any future upgrades. However, there are talented people who have found a way to generate the wide band "fix" so you do not have to jump through hoops. However, this fix needs to be changed every time CPS is updated. I've used it since the rule came into play, & never had a problem. It's easily found on the internet, on a Canadian site, & perfectly legal to use, as it didn't come from Motorola. Many people who do have legit CPS use the fix because "M" makes it so difficult with the class & all.

N4KVE

Also, correct me if I am wrong, to install the CPS on a different or additional computer you must order a new key.
Yes, but since you will have already taken the class, it should be easy. Just tell them you have 3 laptops, & they will send you 3. My friend gets 10 at a time.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Yep. That's what I did. Initially, I ordered 5 keys, but I changed operating systems on all of my computers with fresh install, so I lost all of my programs. I just ordered another 10 keys and it went through, no problem. The keys are good forever until you use them.

The bypass fix works great, but is a pain to have to add the fix every time you upgrade your CPS, so the EID is a better route for me.

dfb8085

enter an entitlement ID and the CPS contacts its license server (internet connection required) and attempts registration of your account as long as entitlement attached to your account it should be active
hmmm, this attempt from motorola to have the CPS connect to internet, just for entitlement ID's right now, but makes me think this could be something we could be seeing more of in the future and not just for entitlement ID's

Ok I have an entitlement ID . Where or how to I enter it into the Ver 13 CPS ? I do not have my copy of the software yet but will have in a couple of days

Thanks

CanesFan95

I think these instructions need updating. Maybe the website has changed? When you hover your mouse over "Training", a drop-down appears that says "LMS Training Center". When you click on "LMS Training Center", a new browser window opens and there's no where on the upper right to search for the word "narrowbanding". Instead, on the right side, MIDDLE of the page, there's a SEARCH box and a drop-down with some options. You can type your word search and click the magnifying glass to run the search.

Or, there's an Advanced Search link you can click on. Problem is, no matter how I search, I get nothing. No matter whether I search for "narrowbanding" or "PRD0001.00E" or "FCC NARROWBANDING", I get nothing. Zero results found. So I'm not sure what's going on here. I've already signed the software license agreement and it was accepted.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Go to Buying Center -> Search Catalog -> Search By Model Number.. and enter HKVN4046A. I just ordered the entitlement last week, took about a day for the email to come thru.

Status
Not open for further replies.