• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CDM1250 Scan problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefive76

I have a CDM1250 that I can't seem to get the scan to stop when you pull the mic off the hook. I have the suspend all scan checked in the scan options, but it still scans even if you unhook the mic from the radio. I have 3 scan lists and it does this on any of them. I do not have auto scan checked on any personality. I also can't get the nuisance delete to delete a channel. When you press it during scanning, it just gives the error "bonk." Anyone have any suggestions?

dave9600

Try a different microphone. If the radio cannot tell the microphone is off-hook it won't stop scanning.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
Try this

I have a CDM1250 that I can't seem to get the scan to stop when you pull the mic off the hook. I have the suspend all scan checked in the scan options, but it still scans even if you unhook the mic from the radio. I have 3 scan lists and it does this on any of them. I do not have auto scan checked on any personality. I also can't get the nuisance delete to delete a channel. When you press it during scanning, it just gives the error "bonk." Anyone have any suggestions?

Try these in your CPS:

Radio Configuration>Scan>Hook (HUB) Suspends Scan: SUSPEND ALL SCAN

Scan list> under options check the NUISANCE DELETE box

firefive76

Try these in your CPS:

Radio Configuration>Scan>Hook (HUB) Suspends Scan: SUSPEND ALL SCAN

Scan list> under options check the NUISANCE DELETE box

I figured out the nuisance delete (I had it checked but was trying to delete the priority channel, which I know I can't do) but I still can't get the scan to stop without manually shutting it off. I have the "suspend all scan" checked in the radio configuration.

woodmedic

Feed Provider
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SGH-T999 Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Try unhooking the mic from the radio and see if it stops. I bet the little switches that are depressed when you put the mic into its hanger are stuck closed.

firefive76

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SGH-T999 Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Try unhooking the mic from the radio and see if it stops. I bet the little switches that are depressed when you put the mic into its hanger are stuck closed.

In my original post, I put that I've tried unhooking the mic, it makes no difference.

Last edited:

evfd1625

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android 4.0.4; Linux; Opera Mobi/ADR-1301080958) Presto/2.11.355 Version/12.10)

Try unplugging the Mic. If this stops it, your Mic has a defect in the sensing circuit.

firefive76

Unplugging the mic makes no difference! This is a radio that I bought used but was rarely used. It's like new.

evfd1625

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android 4.0.4; Linux; Opera Mobi/ADR-1301080958) Presto/2.11.355 Version/12.10)

Does it go into monitor mode with the Mic unhooked or unplugged? If you have it programmed this way I mean. You might try writing the code plug again. A slightly corrupted plug can cause some odd problems I've heard.

firefive76

Does it go into monitor mode with the Mic unhooked or unplugged? If you have it programmed this way I mean. You might try writing the code plug again. A slightly corrupted plug can cause some odd problems I've heard.

I've tried re-writing the codeplug a few times, didn't help. Also, when you unhook the mic, it doesn't do anything different, keeps scanning and doesn't open monitor. When you take the mic off the hook, it doesn't open monitor either.

cmdrwill

I've tried re-writing the codeplug a few times, didn't help. Also, when you unhook the mic, it doesn't do anything different, keeps scanning and doesn't open monitor. When you take the mic off the hook, it doesn't open monitor either.

Well there IS your problem. Look in the programming for OFF HOOK disable, SCAN OFF HOOK, or PL/DPL off hook. ( I do not know the software for your radio)

Something is keeping the MIC hung up, and even with the mic unplugged, in the radio it self.
The DEFAULT setting would be having the Monitor enabled with the Mic off hook, a FCC requirement.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Well there IS your problem. Look in the programming for OFF HOOK disable, SCAN OFF HOOK, or PL/DPL off hook. ( I do not know the software for your radio)

Something is keeping the MIC hung up, and even with the mic unplugged, in the radio it self.
The DEFAULT setting would be having the Monitor enabled with the Mic off hook, a FCC requirement.

I have a copy of his current codeplug here now.

Hook (HUB) defeats PL is already properly checked.
Hook (HUB) Suspends Scan is already set to Suspend All Scan.

His Scan Lists look good. All conventional personalities are properly assigned to a scan list. There is nothing unusual that I can see anywhere in the code plug.

I did ask the OP to verify a couple of things in regard to the mic and hang up. In particular, I reminded him that the hang-up clip has to be metal just in case he's using a plastic one. He's also going to let me know what type of mic he's using to just make sure there is not unusual Hook switching involved.

Any other thoughts?

evfd1625

Could it be a remote mount with 2 heads? I'm lost. Maybe it was a remote mount at one time and now something isn't hooked up inside the head. Short in the plug on the head?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Not sure if it applies to the CDM's, but I know on some of the Motorola radios there was a modification that would let them scan without a mic connected. I think you installed a jumper, or maybe it was remove a resistor, in the head to make it do that. Probably would be a good idea to disassemble the head and take a good close look at it to see if anything is out of place.

firefive76

Could it be a remote mount with 2 heads? I'm lost. Maybe it was a remote mount at one time and now something isn't hooked up inside the head. Short in the plug on the head?

Mic is a Motorola ARM4025C and the hang up clip is a factory metal Motorola, or what they send with them anyway.

I don't know if it was used with a remote head at one time or not. I'm starting to think it's something internal rather than the codeplug. I'm not new to programming and this one just boggles my mind.

firefive76

Not sure if it applies to the CDM's, but I know on some of the Motorola radios there was a modification that would let them scan without a mic connected. I think you installed a jumper, or maybe it was remove a resistor, in the head to make it do that. Probably would be a good idea to disassemble the head and take a good close look at it to see if anything is out of place.

I'll try that. I've never removed the head on one nor do I have the tool. Is there something I can use or do I need the specific tool?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Motorola has a specific tool for removing the heads, but it's just a plastic prying tool. You can do the same thing with a wide blade screwdriver if you are careful. There is the head and there is a plastic mating piece that adapts the head to the radio. Just be careful of the flat ribbon cable that connects the head to the radio. There is some slack, but not a bunch. You can -carefully- unplug the radio end, just make sure you reinstall it the correct way. There is often a black or blue dot on the ribbon cable on one side, and a matching ""0" on the radio body to help with orientation.
Unplugging it from the head side is a bit different. There is a special connector the ribbon cable slides in to. To release it there is a brown side and and a white side on the connector on the head. The brown bit lifts up a little ways and allows the ribbon cable to slide out. When you reinstall it, you insert the cable and push the brown tab back down. The same orientation rules as above apply.

Reassembling is just pushing everything back together. Be careful about not pinching the ribbon cable in the process.

It's actually a pretty easy task to disassemble.

When you get it apart, take a look at the back of the mic connector for a jumper or something like that. Not sure it's the cause of your issue, but it could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.