• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Moto CDM1250 No Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

W1CRN

Premium Subscriber
I have a CDM1250 that has no back light, TX/RX, Monitor, or scan light. I have checked the ribbon cable the head was placed on another CDM1250 and it worked. I checked the CPS to make sure the lights where turned on but nothing. Any ideas?

firemansteve6921

Feed Provider
Feed Provider
cdm1250

cdm series radios are known to have this issue. especially if the control head is remote mounted. you could try replacing the cables with new but quite honestly im willing to bet the electronics are shot in the control head. your best bet is to replace it.

W1CRN

Premium Subscriber
I put the control head to a different radio and it worked fine. It is not a remote mount so I am hoping that its not in the radio itself

firemansteve6921

Feed Provider
Feed Provider
hmm i wish i could help more. i havent run into that one yet. if you do find a fix let us all know thanks and good luck.

W1CRN

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have a picture of the R0410 P/N 066257B47 fuse on the PCB board? I can't seem to find it to save my life.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have a picture of the R0410 P/N 066257B47 fuse on the PCB board? I can't seem to find it to save my life.

CDMBoard_zpsa0863e41.jpg
[/IMG]

W1CRN

Premium Subscriber
Thank you so much this will help me out alot. I don't know why I could not find it by looking at the detailed service manual.

W1CRN

Premium Subscriber
That did the trick. Removed that fuse and put a piece of solder there and works like a charm. Thanks everyone.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Uh, just want to point out the obvious fact that something caused the fuse to blow in the first place. Did you find the cause? Replacing the fuse with the solder may put your radio at risk of a more serious failure if the same fault happens again.

W1CRN

Premium Subscriber
Yes looked at everything. It happened when we were changing the unit from remote mount to dash mount and forgot to turn the.power to the unit off.

Fire125

FF/EMT/HMRT
Premium Subscriber
CDM 1550 lights not working at all

hey guys, so i couldnt figure this issue out yet. i have a cdm 1550 and all the lights are out; scan light, channel busy light, open monitor, and all the green background light! im using remote head and i tested it with another radio, it works perfect! all the lights and everything come up. but as soon as i hook it up to the other radio, none of the lights work! using the same flex and cables and... so i dont think its a flex issue! i appreciate it if anyone has any comment?

cmdrwill

Bad R0410 jumper resistor used as a fuse, on top of the main PCB near the jack that connects to the control head (J0401).

Status
Not open for further replies.