• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Desktrac tone remote and Vega Remote Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

airboss20

Premium Subscriber
I am wondering if anyone has any information on the jumper settings and wiring information for the Vega C-532 Tone Remote Console. I have been successful in making it a monitoring station, but do not have any of the requested information to make it transmit and control the desktrac.

cabletech

What radio are yiu trying to connect to? You will need tone remote adaptor board to try and make it work in transmit

iamhere300

I am wondering if anyone has any information on the jumper settings and wiring information for the Vega C-532 Tone Remote Console. I have been successful in making it a monitoring station, but do not have any of the requested information to make it transmit and control the desktrac.

I see by the subject that you have a Desktrac as the radio you are controlling. Are you sure that it has the Tone board in it?

One of the things strange about the Desktrac tone board, is the RJ45 connector. Pin 1 and 2 are used for the 2 wire tone remote - I always felt that was strange, why not use the middle two, or 1 and 8. So, your line out from the Vega would go to pin one and two.

I will guess that you already have this covered if you are getting audio out the RJ connector, it should then have the tone board and the proper pins - if you are connected to pin 1 and 2.

Have you programmed the desktrac? On the front there is a plastic cover over a small rotary switch. With a tuning tool or small screwdriver to position 1 for the radio itself, and 3 for the tone board (The screen in the desktrac RSS will tell you to turn postions a couple of time during programming)

Remember, you need two RSS programs, one for the radio, like the Maxtrac RSS, and one for the Desktrac.

Last edited:

airboss20

Premium Subscriber
There is indeed a tone remote board, everything is programmed. I am currently using a motorola command console as a tone remote, however I would also like to tie in the vega for another station. I just need information on the vega.

Status
Not open for further replies.