• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTL5000 call ID & scan / non-unique ids

Status
Not open for further replies.

havmedic26

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

Not sure exactly what the problem here is. I will refer specifically to Astro25 call id's. My radio is usually on scan. Certain Id's are common (particularly 1 and 5 for dispatch). Given that I have 7 departments in my area that use call id 5 for dispatch, I have each one in a different call list and assigned to a different astro personality. Whenever Departments 2 - 10 key up their dispatch, the text displays for department 1, which is not even in the scan list. What am I doing wrong? It can be troublesome when I get an address to respond to that I think is in town 2 but it is actually in town 4, because the display read town 1 (which I knew it was not). Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager

There's no problem. That's the way it's designed to work.

I always figured it was a bug and Motorola eventually would fix it. Unfortunately, this bug has carried over to the APX line as well.

All you can do is hope the agencies get together and decide on a scheme to prevent duplicate ID's.

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
I've honestly never bothered to use the call lists for this purpose .. but, from what you guys are saying is if I have Personality 1 and Personality 2 and each has its own call list (Call 1 on Personality 1 and Call 2 on Personality 2), when in scan mode it displays the alpha tag in the Call 1 list for both personalities?

Are you sure the call list is set correctly under ASTRO Call tab of the personality?

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager

The call list per system is only there so you can easily call people that are on the same system. It has nothing to do with decode.

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
The call list per system is only there so you can easily call people that are on the same system. It has nothing to do with decode.

I thought call lists were per personality not per system? Infact I'm quite sure call list assignment is per personality...

I just assumed if you had set separate call lists (as I suppose the OP did on separate personalities), that if you put ID "5" in list 1 with a alpha of "Dispatch Dept X" and ID "5" in list 2 with an alpha "Dispatch Dept Y" that when receiving traffic on a channel set to those personalities the radio would display the proper alpha for that ID.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager

Nope not going to work. You're going to see Department X's ID every time ID 5 is transmitted.

Like I said, the call list is only there so you can easily call or page someone. It's function is not to separate out decoded ID's based on what channel or system you're on.

Status
Not open for further replies.