RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Motorola Forum

Motorola Forum - For general discussion of Motorola land mobile radio equipment and their trunking technologies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2013, 6:10 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny37 View Post
That is one sexy display manny! Two lines for the alphanumeric! Awesome!
Yeah, I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. Funny thing was that I saw one up close and personal while at a Moto dealer shop picking up my HT1250s. Imagine picking up a nice new looking recased set of 1250s and then seeing a radio with THIS type of display. Man, I went from estatic to depressed in less than a minute. LOL...

Manny
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2013, 7:52 PM

I can only imagine the frustration lol. But that's one sweet display you got there.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:01 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Is anyone currently offering this mod? A search on eBay turns up nothing.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:42 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I had many HT1250s and got a XTS-2500 403-470 Digital\Analog with ADP the cheap encryption but it does work great.we use radios going to hamfest and always bring different radios each time we go to talk PVT now only one radios with the APD makes things better.
Old 01-25-2014, 8:47 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2kvy View Post
Is anyone currently offering this mod? A search on eBay turns up nothing.
Not that I have seen! The seller I got mine from doesn't have any left.

Manny
Sponsored links
Old 01-26-2014, 12:14 AM

hi I got a demo vhf ht1550xls I love it is a great radio I also have two 1250s one conventional and other ls+ radio.both VHF models limited keypads to on both models

Last edited by central190; 01-26-2014 at 12:49 AM..
Old 01-26-2014, 12:29 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by central190 View Post
hi I got a demo vhf ht1550xls I love it is a great radio u should really keep the 1250s to they are going to be canceling the 1250s soon there going to be worth a lot I also have two 1250s one vhf convential and other ls+ VHF radio
They're going to be worth the same amount they are now, and then next to nothing. Look at the MT2000, HT1000, JT1000, etc. They were all state-of-the-art at the time, were phased out for something better, and now can be found on ebay for $50. Don't keep a radio thinking it's going to be worth something, they're not collector's items.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommJunkie View Post
They're going to be worth the same amount they are now, and then next to nothing. Look at the MT2000, HT1000, JT1000, etc. They were all state-of-the-art at the time, were phased out for something better, and now can be found on ebay for $50. Don't keep a radio thinking it's going to be worth something, they're not collector's items.
Agreed.

As nice as the 1250's are... They really aren't capable of much technology-wise. Only LTR trunking on certain models if I remember correctly.

They don't have P25 or TRBO or any of that newer digital stuff so I wouldn't expect their value to stick around for THAT much longer. The only reason they are worth a lot now is because they are supported by Motorola and still a radio that's actively used in the field, basically because they're newer. That being said, the reason the Jedi series radios are being found at the price they generally are on eBay is because they (although they're great radios, I have two) are outdated and not supported by Motorola; they're phasing out.

As CommJunkie said... They're not collector's items.

The only thing that would really make an old used radio worth more is if it were a vintage "collectable" item.
Old 01-26-2014, 9:37 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Smile

A radio will be worth more to someone who has not only a sentimental attachment but has good use for it.
My HT1550XLS is not going anywhere. Not only is it fully refurbished and FPP is permanently enabled
( no red battery required ), but it still suits my needs not only for public safety monitoring, but for GMRS usage as well. So while the market may not give it the value that a TRBO radio has for example, it's great for my needs. As long as I understand the fact that it's worth more to ME than to John Q public, I'll be fine!

Manny
Old 01-26-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1SQB View Post
A radio will be worth more to someone who has not only a sentimental attachment but has good use for it.
My HT1550XLS is not going anywhere. Not only is it fully refurbished and FPP is permanently enabled
( no red battery required ), but it still suits my needs not only for public safety monitoring, but for GMRS usage as well. So while the market may not give it the value that a TRBO radio has for example, it's great for my needs. As long as I understand the fact that it's worth more to ME than to John Q public, I'll be fine!

Manny
That's a good way to look at it.

I can see what you mean because I'm the same way. Everything I do requires pretty much no digital or P25 or TRBO or anything so I'm fine with an older radio like a Jedi.
Old 04-26-2015, 10:23 AM

Location: monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and bearcat 560xlt

So so true i was only able to get the 100.00 i got for my ht1000 cause the guy really wanted a ht1000 and mine had a brand new 2nd battery and a public safety speaker mic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommJunkie View Post
Old 10-12-2017, 7:11 PM

I don't mean to res-erect a dead thread, but I was wondering if anyone figured out how to enable the fpp without the red battery.
Old 02-03-2018, 2:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spvfd47 View Post
I don't mean to res-erect a dead thread, but I was wondering if anyone figured out how to enable the fpp without the red battery.
Yes. And it has been posted for free, for all to benefit from.

https://communications.support/threa...8364#post98364
Old 06-12-2018, 12:15 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars_P25 View Post
Yes. And it has been posted for free, for all to benefit from.

https://communications.support/threa...8364#post98364
Looks like my Communcations.support login is dead and their registration is jacked up... uhg... Is this documented anywhere else?
Old 06-12-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straussberg View Post
Looks like my Communcations.support login is dead and their registration is jacked up... uhg... Is this documented anywhere else?
Registration is OK. You just have to answer the questions at signup. Hint: The site is for professionals, etc.