• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Silent Key: Koichiro Taguchi (Ko)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mars_P25

Paid RR Supporter
Banned
[I'm posting this here because Ko was one of the high-profile Moto guys, who most of us knew]

Unfortunately I have some really bad news to share with everyone. And this is hard, because he was a friend.

I received word from another forums member that Koichiro Taguchi (Ko) passed away on Sunday, Oct. 20 2013. The confirmation is here: Koichiro Taguchi Obituary - Gaylord, Michigan - Tributes.com

Ko was an active member on Batboard, Radio Reference (kotaguchi) and I believe on our forum (P25.ca) too, but I can't find his username. It might've been deleted for inactivity.

Ko was a really great person. He was also a customer of mine and we did a lot of business together. He had a great sense of humor and I recall bugging him all the time about the name of his hometown: Gaylord, MI.

Ko's email address was americanrx@msn.com. I believe his eBay username was babylovemetoo. If you have contacted him and have not received a reply, now you will know why.

Thanks Ko, for everything over the years. You were one of the good guys and MANY OF US had great transactions with you, especially on the Batboard.

RIP sir.

Attachments

• memorial-key-200.jpg
    memorial-key-200.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 2,987

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
I am simply speechless Mars.

I buried one of my childhood friends, who lost his fight with cancer this week, at age 38.

Ko was a stand up individual, many of my Astro 25 radios came from him, as is the very computer I am typing this on.

I had a feeling something was wrong, the last time we talked over the summer he was not himself.

He was an honor to know, and do business with, and a great friend.

Thanks for sharing this, though it saddens me greatly to learn of.

RIP brother Ko, you may be gone but will never be forgotten.

Firefighter6940

Premium Subscriber
R.I.P Ko.

I bought my xts3000 from him, and have received a lot of help from him. He was a great guy. Thank you Ko, for everything you did for all of us here in the radio community. You may be gone, but you're certainly not forgotten.

SD70MAC

Sad news to hear ,he was a great guy. R.I.P

I missed this somehow till now,I don't come over here as much as I used to though. Thanks goes out to MARS for posting this.

seleong

Premium Subscriber
Surprised at this sad news...

I also missed this sad announcement. "Ditto" on all the great things folks have said about Ko. He and I did some radio 'horse trading" over the years, and every transaction was a pleasant one. What a sad surprise to see this announcement about one of the good guys... Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.