RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Motorola Forum

Motorola Forum - For general discussion of Motorola land mobile radio equipment and their trunking technologies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-24-2013, 8:14 AM

Default Silent Key: Koichiro Taguchi (Ko)

[I'm posting this here because Ko was one of the high-profile Moto guys, who most of us knew]

Unfortunately I have some really bad news to share with everyone. And this is hard, because he was a friend.

I received word from another forums member that Koichiro Taguchi (Ko) passed away on Sunday, Oct. 20 2013. The confirmation is here: Koichiro Taguchi Obituary - Gaylord, Michigan - Tributes.com

Ko was an active member on Batboard, Radio Reference (kotaguchi) and I believe on our forum (P25.ca) too, but I can't find his username. It might've been deleted for inactivity.

Ko was a really great person. He was also a customer of mine and we did a lot of business together. He had a great sense of humor and I recall bugging him all the time about the name of his hometown: Gaylord, MI.

Ko's email address was americanrx@msn.com. I believe his eBay username was babylovemetoo. If you have contacted him and have not received a reply, now you will know why.

Thanks Ko, for everything over the years. You were one of the good guys and MANY OF US had great transactions with you, especially on the Batboard.

RIP sir.
Attached Images

Sponsored links
Old 11-24-2013, 8:30 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I am simply speechless Mars.

I buried one of my childhood friends, who lost his fight with cancer this week, at age 38.

Ko was a stand up individual, many of my Astro 25 radios came from him, as is the very computer I am typing this on.

I had a feeling something was wrong, the last time we talked over the summer he was not himself.

He was an honor to know, and do business with, and a great friend.

Thanks for sharing this, though it saddens me greatly to learn of.

RIP brother Ko, you may be gone but will never be forgotten.
Old 11-25-2013, 8:58 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

R.I.P Ko.

I bought my xts3000 from him, and have received a lot of help from him. He was a great guy. Thank you Ko, for everything you did for all of us here in the radio community. You may be gone, but you're certainly not forgotten.
Old 11-28-2013, 7:03 PM
KE4FHH
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

It is always sad to lose a member of the community. Ko will be greatly missed.
Old 11-28-2013, 9:53 PM

RIP Ko and Monty..
Sponsored links
Old 01-18-2014, 10:36 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Sad news to hear ,he was a great guy. R.I.P

I missed this somehow till now,I don't come over here as much as I used to though. Thanks goes out to MARS for posting this.
Old 07-23-2014, 8:37 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Surprised at this sad news...

I also missed this sad announcement. "Ditto" on all the great things folks have said about Ko. He and I did some radio 'horse trading" over the years, and every transaction was a pleasant one. What a sad surprise to see this announcement about one of the good guys... Steve

Tags
obituary, silent key