• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

R-2002C System Analyzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Picked one of these bad boys up. The manual that came with it is for a 2001C so not sure how much different the 2002C is from it..

When it is in Gen/Mon Mtr mode with the Function set as Monitor, I pop in the local weather channel on VHF and all i hear is static. Playing with the squelch takes it away but i dont hear any voice. Antenna is connected via the RF In/Out port. Also tried this on the local VHF and 800mhz trunked control channels and still nada.

Also when its in Spect Analyzer nothing happens. I have a green "dot" that just sits in the bottom left of the screen. I assume this should be dancing around when it is hearing audio?

This is my first monitor but i think it might have a issue..

Anyone know what the cause of these issues could possibly be? Or anything i should check inside the unit itself?

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Haven't played with a R2002 in YEARS, but I have you hooked your antenna to the antenna port and pulled the "RF Selection" knob out?

I may be thinking of the 2001, not sure how different they are.

Muxlow

Super Secret
I think thats on the 2001's

here is 2 photos. One on the Gen/Mon in the monitor function mode, and in the spec analyzer mode

Attachments

• IMG_20140717_142401.jpg
    IMG_20140717_142401.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 475
  • IMG_20140717_142411.jpg
    IMG_20140717_142411.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 445

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I think thats on the 2001's

here is 2 photos. One on the Gen/Mon in the monitor function mode, and in the spec analyzer mode

It must be the 2001 I'm thinking of after seeing your pictures.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Thats what it says in the manual i have for the 2001D is to pull out some knob, but on the 2002C nothing pulls out our pushes in. Unless when you go into monitor mode on the function switch it does it automatically..

Wish this one had the nice dial to zip thru channels fast.. i can only manual type them in and dont look like i can really "scan" up all the bands

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Did you push the toggle switch on the right to the Monitor position?

We still have one of these at the tower, so I'll take a look the next time I'm out there.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Yes sir it was while i was trying all the settings and nada. Modulation was off, Function was set to monitor and the display was Gen/Mon and Spect Analyzer

Muxlow

Super Secret
Well! I poped the top off this thing and i pulled out the board that has the battery on it. Cleaned the contacts and installed the board back. Took out a few cobwebs and cleaned all contacts on the boards.

Turned it on and now the Spect Analyzer works and i can hear audio when i turn/scan channels now. Guess they were just dirty contacts. Everything seems to be working 100% now :)

Muxlow

Super Secret
Guess taking a random chance pays off some times. Figured this unit is from the 80's so there might be a collection of who knows what inside there.

All working dandy now and im a happy little boy to have a new toy :)

If anyone knows.. How do i get into the "special" menu on this unit? The 2001C manual says to hold the 2 arrow buttons beside the numbers but that dont do anything. And the manual didnt say what Display to be on so i just assumed it was to be done on the Gen/Mon display. Be nice to find a service/user manual for the 2002C but google has failed me

WX9EMS

I was unaware that the R20xxC's had the special function capability. If pressing the two arrow keys at the same times doesn't work, then it isn't available. There may have been a firmware upgrade to enable it. I would go and ask DJP126 (Dave) over at the BatLabs Batboard. He can tell you most anything you need to know about that machine. If he doesn't know, Bernie does. I know the R20xxD's are capable of it, I have two of them. glad to hear you got it working. They are nice, but heavy machines!

ronenp

There is a little fuse

the RF Connector include inside miniature Fuse to protect the equipment from burning while tranmitting to it by occasion
unscrew the connector and while it will be out you will see the fuse it might be burned

Ronen - 4Z4ZQ
Ronen Pinchooks (4Z4ZQ) WebSite

Status
Not open for further replies.