• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

*XTS5000 Programing issue*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fondo1

Good afternoon...(morning or evening depending when you read this)

I acquired an XTS5000 with Version R20.01.00. I currently have R20.00.00. Is there a way to "downgrade" the radio? I want to avoid dropping $265 to Motorola for the newest version.

Appreciate any positive advice I can get.
Enjoy your day!

SCPD

QRT
The roll back tool is your best friend. Will allow you to read with previous cps. Since it isn't a far step version you won't miss any features. It's as legal as you'll get to go using the older cps with roll back tool. Used it on many before and works like a charm. Fpr info the latest firmware is r20.50.05 and cps I believe is r20.01.

com501

Good afternoon...(morning or evening depending when you read this)

I acquired an XTS5000 with Version R20.01.00. I currently have R20.00.00. Is there a way to "downgrade" the radio? I want to avoid dropping $265 to Motorola for the newest version.

Appreciate any positive advice I can get.
Enjoy your day!

You can roll it back, as suggested, but really? You have a $5k radio and won't spend the money for access to legit software with support and firmware downloads available to you?

Do you drive your car around without license plates too?

It never ceases to amaze me.....

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
You can roll it back, as suggested, but really? You have a $5k radio and won't spend the money for access to legit software with support and firmware downloads available to you?

There are XTS5000 radios on eBay right now for <$600...I would assume he bought it used, based on the OP's wording.

VMaggio1

How do you know he has no front license plates?!?!

SCPD

QRT
Lol everyone starts somewhere and I'm sure he got it used as most xts are these days. Who knows maybe to him it's not expensive and pennies he spent if he has a good pocket. everyone starts somewhere in the hobby or radio area. Wouldn't you rather him use that over the unspeakable?

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider

LOL sorry i cant resist.

Some people think an XTS5000 is a $5K radio.

It never ceases to amaze me. Unbelievable.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Of course, the $5k comment was made over 2 years ago but many times when people reply to threads, they don't bother to check the date the comment was made LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.