• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Ht1000 page Acknowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

marksroberson

I have a HT1000 UHF I talk on local repeaters with to another Motorola guy. He can send me pages with MDC1200 on repeaters without a delay and I recieve them fine but what I want to do is make my HT1000 send a acknowledgement page back to him, I can not find a setting in the MDC options page for this, how do I do it? He has a ht1000 that sends a acknowledgement back to his radios, so it is possible, but how?

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
If by paging you mean radio check...enable radio check under the radio wide>signalling menu in RSS (I literally just did this yesterday to a radio I'm playing with).

marksroberson

Thanks! I found out yesterday that my radio didn't do it because my MDC ID was 4DEF and I got no acknowledgement, then I changed it to 4333 and I got the acknowledgement. Weird, but true, especially odd because I was using all the same settings

RKG

4DEF is not a valid MDC1200 individual ID. The F is a wildcard, which your radio interpreted as a page to multiple users. For obvious reasons, radios do not acknowledge group pages.

Rules for MDC1200 IDs:
Range: 0001h through DEEEh.
0000h not permitted.
F not permitted in any digit.
E not permitted in first digit.

Total numbers in 4-digit hex number: 65,535. (FFFFh = 65535.)
Total number of valid User IDs in MDC1200: 47,249. (15^3 * 14 - 1 = 47,249.)

Status
Not open for further replies.