• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT1250 current firmware version vs. CPS version

Status
Not open for further replies.

swight

I'm about ready to program an HT1250 that I recently bought, however I'd like to clarify one thing before I start. I bought the radio and the seller sent me a printout with the most current radio information that he had indicating the firmware version, original/latest codeplug version, programming dates etc... The printout states that the radio has firmware version R05.18.01. The CPS version that I have is R06.12.05. I want to make sure that attempting to program my radio with what seems to be a large gap in CPS versions won't brick my radio. I've attempted to find the answer through multiple searches however I've had no luck. Also, please excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject. Thanks

N1GTL

Database Admin
Current CPS is R06.12.19. Current firmware is R05.18.01

It won't brick your radio but it may not work at all if it was already programmed with the newest CPS. Also, if you are planning on ham radio use, you need a 25khz entitlement enables in the CPS or it will only let you program narrowband.

Also, no more updates in firmware or CPS should be coming as the radio is discontinued.

Golay

Write your own

Current CPS is R06.12.19. Current firmware is R05.18.01

It won't brick your radio but it may not work at all if it was already programmed with the newest CPS. Also, if you are planning on ham radio use, you need a 25khz entitlement enables in the CPS or it will only let you program narrowband.

Also, no more updates in firmware or CPS should be coming as the radio is discontinued.

A Waris radio with a newer CPS will let you write an older CPS codeplug to it. Once you do that, then that's the CPS version in the radio.
To the OP, my advice is to just stay with the CPS and firmware that is working. It's just an analog radio and imho an upgrade gets you nothing really.

Last edited:

swight

Thanks everyone who replied. I ended up using R06.12.09 and it worked perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.