• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola Minitor VI 6 Amplifier Charger DIN Alerting Pinout ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ6HCB

Does anyone have a definitive pinout for the Minitor 6 amplified charger DIN connector? Ive seen lots of varying and conflicting info on various forums and posts around the Net, mostly 5+ years old stuff so it may or may not apply to the new 6 model.
Im looking to setup an external relay to trip lights and a buzzer when the Minitor 6 goes off. Ive got the DIN cable, have the LED lights and buzzer, 12 volt power supply, will need to go get a relay but definitely need to have the correct triggers!

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have a definitive pinout for the Minitor 6 amplified charger DIN connector? Ive seen lots of varying and conflicting info on various forums and posts around the Net, mostly 5+ years old stuff so it may or may not apply to the new 6 model.
Im looking to setup an external relay to trip lights and a buzzer when the Minitor 6 goes off. Ive got the DIN cable, have the LED lights and buzzer, 12 volt power supply, will need to go get a relay but definitely need to have the correct triggers!

The user guide for the V had the pinout info in it. If you've the charger amp for the VI, do you have the user guide for it?

KJ6HCB

How the hell.... Ive been searching hours for that online over the course of several different attempts, and Im a google master! Haha - thanks!

KJ6HCB

Thanks again! Maybe you or someone else can help with wiring now. I thought I had it, but maybe not.

Ive got a single flashing LED light right now Im testing with, a 110v wall power supply to 12v .75amp, and the Minitor 6 amplified charger.

Power supply plugged into the wall, ground connected to ground of the LED light. Positive from the power supply connected to Pin 2 dry contact, and then Pin 3 dry contact connected to the positive for the LED light. Tones should drop, trip the relay and pass that power through to power the LED Light, correct? I plan to do a relay setup for the full system but im just testing right now to get the correct wiring down.

Thanks!

BigRedBox80

Feed Provider
Thanks again! Maybe you or someone else can help with wiring now. I thought I had it, but maybe not.

Ive got a single flashing LED light right now Im testing with, a 110v wall power supply to 12v .75amp, and the Minitor 6 amplified charger.

Power supply plugged into the wall, ground connected to ground of the LED light. Positive from the power supply connected to Pin 2 dry contact, and then Pin 3 dry contact connected to the positive for the LED light. Tones should drop, trip the relay and pass that power through to power the LED Light, correct? I plan to do a relay setup for the full system but im just testing right now to get the correct wiring down.

Thanks!

This does seem correct yes. Did you ever give it a try?

KJ6HCB

Yes I tried that - couldnt get the external LED I had hooked up to light or any indication anything was happening. Hoping someone here had a working alert system that could explain how theyve got it setup! Thank you!

KJ6HCB

Bumping this up hoping to get more eyes on it, would like to revisit this project this week. Ive got a Min 6 amp charger and the DIN plug cable but have no idea what to do from here - tried one diagram I found but nothing worked. Help!!

WQUM583

I know this is a year old, but figured it could help someone. I'm still looking for good information on a 5 pin cable with a ground that conducts and is not just a shield.

Attachments

• Station Alerting Wiring Schematic.pdf
    186 KB · Views: 554
Status
Not open for further replies.