RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Motorola Forum

Motorola Forum - For general discussion of Motorola land mobile radio equipment and their trunking technologies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2016, 1:30 AM
dunnmac's Avatar   Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default XPR6550 Programming Questions

I just programmed an XPR6550 UHF1 using the latest version of CPS (13). The software would not allow for the programming of 25 kHz analog. I've read that I can get an EID from Motorola to allow this, but that info was from 2012. Is this still the case? Also, I set scan groups and a scan button on the radio, However, scan does not appear to function using the assigned scan button nor by the menu. When I choose scan form the menu and press OK, nothing happens. Anyone have advice for these issues? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2016, 10:04 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Congratulations on making your 1st post after being a member for 6 years. If you have a legit paid for subscription to the CPS, you can ask Moto for the wide band EID. It's a pain, & you have to take an on line class, but it will then allow you to set your freq's to 25 KHz. When you program freq's in the radio, you have to enter these freq's into a scan list. This is on a per channel basis in each channel page.

Tags
cps, dmr xpr programming, mototrbo, xpr6550