RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Motorola Forum

Motorola Forum - For general discussion of Motorola land mobile radio equipment and their trunking technologies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-21-2017, 11:54 AM

Default Backward Compatability, Any way to?

The sources I've spoken to say no, however I figured I'd reach out to the community. Is there any way that anyone has heard of or found to take an APX (APX7000,7500) codeplug and import it to an Astro codeplug (XTL2500)? I have a very comprehensive APX load and need to migrate it to some of the existing XTL units I have in my fleet. It's over 600 channels combined and I really, really, do not want to hand enter from scratch. This is in an official department capacity, and I have all software products and keys. Thank you.

Nick
Sponsored links
Old 04-21-2017, 12:07 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Perhaps the APX Migration Utility is backwards compatible? I honestly doubt what you want done is out there in the professional world though.

Start typing away is my best recommendation...

Regards,

-Frank C.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:57 PM

Thank you for your reply Frank, the Migration tool unfortunately does not go backwards.
Old 04-21-2017, 1:26 PM
Mentor
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Can you Export the personalities and such from the APX cps then import into the Astro25 CPS? I've done this when cloning a mobile to a portable etc and it works well after getting the feel for what you need to export.
Old 04-21-2017, 1:32 PM

Unfortunately no. APX exports as an .xml and Astro imports as a .csv. Even converting the .xml to a .csv is not importable by the Astro software. I have done copy and pasting in the past, especially from various spreadsheet formats, but the APX won't even export in a manner that facilitates that. At least that I've found yet.
Sponsored links
Old 04-21-2017, 1:37 PM
Mentor
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Well.... Crap!
Old 04-21-2017, 1:49 PM
KE4ZNR@radioreference.com
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Station81FirstAlarm View Post
Unfortunately no. APX exports as an .xml and Astro imports as a .csv. Even converting the .xml to a .csv is not importable by the Astro software. I have done copy and pasting in the past, especially from various spreadsheet formats, but the APX won't even export in a manner that facilitates that. At least that I've found yet.
The above is correct.....for some reason Mother Moto does not want any of us to be able to go back to XTS/XTLs after using an APX....I wonder why

I have an excel tool that will convert an APX xml Zone/Channel file to a easily readable excel radio template but nothing that will go from APX back to XTS/XTL.

Marshall KE4ZNR

@KE4ZNR on Twitter
http://instagram.com/KE4ZNR
Old 04-21-2017, 2:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE4ZNR View Post
The above is correct.....for some reason Mother Moto does not want any of us to be able to go back to XTS/XTLs after using an APX....I wonder why

I have an excel tool that will convert an APX xml Zone/Channel file to a easily readable excel radio template but nothing that will go from APX back to XTS/XTL.

Marshall KE4ZNR
Thank you Marshall, and I figured to be the case, but you never know. Are you interested in sharing your tool via PM or other means? I may be able to do something with it.