• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

ASTRO25 Codeplug help

Status
Not open for further replies.

slyons01

Where can find a video on dropping and dragging motorola astro 25 codeplug?

Last edited:

toolman60

There should be some videos in the CPS help files. Not sure how much detail they have but they may be able to help you.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Open two Astro programs ... One with the codeplug left click your mouse on the top of the tree where the serial number is and drag it over to the other open program and the top of the tree when its done it will tell you . Any mismatchs or changes that need to be done will be listed in the drag and drop report... SIMPLE

slyons01

Thanks. I'm assuming if don't want to do the entire codeplug I can just drag and drop individual sections? I took a course the other day on programming using CPS but having to go back and be check off and I think dropping and dragging in for of the eval.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
I guess all these years I have been dragging and dropping MDC call lists, Personalities, or Zones on a needed basis in Astro25 (Mobile and Portable) CPS is not allowed.

ME801

You are able to drop and drag individual sections of the code plug, just did it today in Astro25 CPS both Mobile and Portable.

RKG

Lets see if we can put a little more meat on the bones here:

#1: It is not correct that it is "all or nothing." However, you have to be a little bit smart about how you drag and drop "features."

#2: Get started: open the CPS and load the "target" codeplug (i.e., the one you want to "receive" data). Reduce the window to about half the screen and move it to the left. Now open the CPS a second time, load the "source" codeplug, reduce the winddow, and move it to the right half of the screen. On both sides, we will be working with the "tree view" of features, some of which may have to be expanded.

#3: It is important to do things in the right order, or you will be swamped with errors the correction of which is painfully slow (and occasionally obtuse) on the CPS.

For instance, say you want to move a zone that contains a bunch of channels, either trunked or conventional. The first thing you want to move is the "system" that the source codeplug uses for those channels. Expand either conventional systems or trunked aystems, as appropriate, click and hold on the one in the source file you want to copy, and drag it to the caterogy line (e.g., "trunked systems") of the target codeplug. Release the click and wait for the CPS to execute. Next with the "personality" feature. Now you can drag and drop the "zone/channel" feature. Note that more often than not, you'll have to manually edit the box in each line of the new zone/channel for the associated personality. Finally, do scan lists last (again, you'll likely have to edit the scan list pointer in the migrated personalities).

#4: if you loaded the "tutorials" that are part of the CPS install when you installed it, you can access them via the help function. There is a drag and drop tutorial; it is a bit superficial, but you'll likely get the drift.

#5: Depending on the depth of the migration you want to achieve, consider using the "Export/Import" function, vs. drag and drop. Again, there is a tutorial, and be sure to set your Export/Import options correctly before starting: the important one is the "Overwrite/Append" option. Export/Import is particularly useful if, for instance, you want to "clone" a complete portable codeplug to a mobile or vice versa. One neat feature of Export/Import is that it will ignore parameters that are irrelevant to the model of the target codeplug. One other feature of Export/Import (neat? you'll get different opinions) is that you'll see the screen zapping back and forth "typing" in the data. You'll hear a plethora of error dings as it works, but eventually most or all of the errors will disappear as the process completes.

clbsquared

There's a few tutorial videos accessed through the CPS help menu. Just type "top node drag and drop" in the search area.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.