• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola APX 7000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
IMG_0100.jpg IMG_0102.jpg

I am the proud owner of a VHF/UHF APX 7000.
I just purchased it tonight for around $2000.

The sole purpose of this radio is to cover all of NYC VHF and UHF RX only. I know people think I'm probably insane, but I'm single with no kids in NYC and it makes me happy [emoji846]

I've ordered the latest CPS and tuner and firmware From /\/\ online with an OEM programming cable.

Is there anything I should know on programming conventional analog and P25 analog RX only?

I have experience with XTS and MotoTrbo cps suite. I just want to get it right.
My biggest fear is bricking my $2300 radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
Stupid question. But it's 1000 channels?
I know it's more than what I need but don't know the exact channel amount.
I don't mess with TRS. I let the whistler TRX-1 do the work. This radio is my YouTube investment for vlogs

clbsquared

P25 is digital.
, not analog. You either have conventional P25 or trunking P25. Be very careful when you program these radios. Especially if you plan on trying to monitor a Phase I or Phase II system. You need to make darn sure the radio cannot transmit on ANY channel.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I'm not programming or attempting to program trunking. All conventional channels. I am using a dell XFR E6400 ballistic laptop to program

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I have a 2.53ghz dell rugged XFR E6400 with 4GB of ram. That should do?

N1GTL

Database Admin
The sole purpose of this radio is to cover all of NYC VHF and UHF RX only. I know people think I'm probably insane, but I'm single with no kids in NYC and it makes me happy [emoji846]

A scanner and $1500.00 left in my wallet would make me happy! Of course, I spent a lot more on a new Corvette to make me happy so I understand.

Good luck with it!

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
God bless the left over tax money. I'm excited to get it. I have used the 5000 for a long time but I'm happy to upgrade. I have a whistler TRX-1 for trunking. The APX is just a high powered receiver for nypd, fdny, etc.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I normally carry a 7000 and a 6000XE with me to work daily (though I also have a 7000XE that gets used as well). While some have various qualms about the 7000/7000XE I love them both and consider them both great radios.

Marshall KE4ZNR

dWrHVqA.jpg

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
I normally carry a 7000 and a 6000XE with me to work daily (though I also have a 7000XE that gets used as well). While some have various qualms about the 7000/7000XE I love them both and consider them both great radios.

Marshall KE4ZNR

dWrHVqA.jpg

Lucky. :D

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned

Marshall KE4ZNR

dWrHVqA.jpg

What would you say are the qualms about the 7000?

jruta

Footprint, I'm guessing? (As opposed to the 6/8k) but what a beautiful radio all the way around! Wish I'd been able to afford one before I got my 6k. Congrats and enjoy!

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber

---Normal Battery Life for heavy users
---Extended Battery (NNTN7034 with 4200mAh) plus full length VHF/700/800 Antenna extends the radio out to
an unwieldy height:
WrcQZ7p.jpg

---On the regular "non-XE" version the volume control knob has a tendency to be loose which can cause unintended radio volume to go from reasonable to "Spinal Tap 11".

Those are some of the concerns I had with mine.
Still would be difficult to give it up though as it is still a darn good radio overall.

Marshall KE4ZNR

quebecradioguy

Quebec Database Admin
Database Admin
---Normal Battery Life for heavy users

---Extended Battery (NNTN7034 with 4200mAh) plus full length VHF/700/800 Antenna extends the radio out to

an unwieldy height:

WrcQZ7p.jpg

---On the regular "non-XE" version the volume control knob has a tendency to be loose which can cause unintended radio volume to go from reasonable to "Spinal Tap 11".

Those are some of the concerns I had with mine.

Still would be difficult to give it up though as it is still a darn good radio overall.

Marshall KE4ZNR

Do you think I can put an XE Channel knob on my Regular 6000?
3f0c63142c6858d28dd8d9dcfeca67c8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.