• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT750 Programming Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

3me

I apologize if this topic has been addressed previously, but I could not find it.

I have a HT750 (AAH25KDC9AA3AN) that came programmed on channel 1 only. I have the CPS and a serial interface cable, and I can read the file from the radio. I added 15 more Conventional Personality and programmed the frequencies and PL tone into each.

I am obviously missing another step or failing to change another setting somewhere. Ch 1 works fine, but when you select Ch 2-16 the speaker emits a solid tone.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a link to a tutorial on the Motorola CPS software or a manual available?

Thank you in advance.

daugherh

Under Personality Assignment to Zone, Go into Per Asgnmt 1, and then add all of your channels in the order you want. Even though you entered them 1-16, you could technically assign them in any order you want on your channel selector. You can right click on the numbers to the left and add additional rows, up to 16.
wd+o7qwaOnHTAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I apologize if this topic has been addressed previously, but I could not find it.

I have a HT750 (AAH25KDC9AA3AN) that came programmed on channel 1 only. I have the CPS and a serial interface cable, and I can read the file from the radio. I added 15 more Conventional Personality and programmed the frequencies and PL tone into each.

I am obviously missing another step or failing to change another setting somewhere. Ch 1 works fine, but when you select Ch 2-16 the speaker emits a solid tone.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a link to a tutorial on the Motorola CPS software or a manual available?

Thank you in advance.
There are some useful videos up on Youtube for the programming the Professional Series of radios.

Kindly read my notes below. What applies to an HT750 generally will apply to all the radios in the Professional Series. If you search on just HT750, you will miss many, many good threads about other radios in the same product line. Almost invariably, that information will apply to your radio, too.

The Professional or Waris Series of radios includes:

HT750 HT1250 HT1550
EX500 EX600 EX560 EX650 PR860
CDM750 CDM1250 CDM1550
HT1250LS+ CDM1550LS+ CDM1550LS

It may be helpful to search using wildcards.
If someone asks a question about one model,
the answer usually pertains to most, if not all.
They are all programmed with HVN9025 CPS.
The last version of the CPS released before the
product line was discontinued is R06.12.09.

If you need a blank codeplug, there is a folder
full of them, one for each possible model
number on your hard drive. The folder is in
the Program Files where your CPS is installed.
It is labelled SAMPLES.

3me

Thank you. That seems to have resolved the channel issues. The problem with using a blank codeplug was that it only had one channel programmed.

Next question. I will be adding the updated front panel with the DTMF keyboard. What programming will I need to change in the codeplug to allow the DTMF tones to work. The only thing I will use them for is making autopatch calls on a local amateur radio repeater. I don't believe that I will need to store any numbers or setup and special keys, although it might be nice to know how to accomplish that as well.

WAØKS
Shawnee, KS

Status
Not open for further replies.