• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS 2500 CPS Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgrahmann

Premium Subscriber
Hello all, I recently purchased a Motorola XTS 2500 III (H46UCH9PW2BN) radio. I had an XTS 3000 a while back that I did not have the following issues with. When trying to read the radio with CPS, the following error appears: "This codeplug is an old development version codeplug. It is not compatible with this release."
If anyone has any insight on how to fix this, it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
What firmware is installed in your 2500. Also you cannot program a 2500 with the 3000 software. You need a copy of Astro25 CPS. Astro CPS will not program a 2500. Also the 2 models use separate programming cables as well.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

tgrahmann

Premium Subscriber
You misunderstand me haha. I have purchased new programming cables and have acquired the proper CPS for XTS 2500 and XTS 5000 radios. That is the error I get using my new equipment. My FLASHcode is 501018-000488-8

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Put the radio into service mode by pushing the bottom button under the PTT five times immediately after powering the unit up

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
There should be a whole bunch of info that pops up it will go though your flashcode tell you it's a 8 Meg unit also the very first screens that pop up your host and DSP version.

tgrahmann

Premium Subscriber
Haven't tried anything but getting CPS to read it yet. When I put it into service mode, it quickly flashes "SERVICE" then displays the CSQ and 25KHZ. Tuner reads it, and it'll read the FLASHport config, but nothing else.

tgrahmann

Premium Subscriber
Ahh, I see what you're looking for, I've found the firmware version; it's R16.00.00 DSP version is 16.00.01

tgrahmann

Premium Subscriber
All I have is CPS. I have a copy of ASTRO RSS. not sure if that helps any

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
No send me a pm with your email address and we can go from there. I think I can help you but we can't discuss the tools needed on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.