• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Programming Apx6000 on a smart net II system

Status
Not open for further replies.
After successfully programming an APX6000, I noticed every time I change a channel, the radio sends a pulse signal "ie- the red transmit light flashes each time a channel is changed!

is there a way to stop this from happening?

(example, when programming a mts2000 on the same system several years ago the same thing occurred, to solve this, I changed the connection type from [auto to ON PTT] this eliminated the red light flash and pulse signal when the channel was changed)

I do not have the same option on the Apx6000.

apx programming using APX CPS 16 latest software, any help would be most appreciated!!

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
After successfully programming an APX6000, I noticed every time I change a channel, the radio sends a pulse signal "ie- the red transmit light flashes each time a channel is changed!
The radio is affiliating with the system.

No. Unless you use the no-affiliate scan method.
[/quote]

(example, when programming a mts2000 on the same system several years ago the same thing occurred, to solve this, I changed the connection type from [auto to ON PTT] this eliminated the red light flash and pulse signal when the channel was changed)
[/quote]
This option does not exist on the APX platform. No affiliate scan is your only other option.

You should stop what you're doing immediately. You are transmitting on public safety frequencies, which is not good. Eventually, you're radio will be inhibited and that will likely represent Game Over for your APX.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ

I do not have the same option on the Apx6000.

apx programming using APX CPS 16 latest software, any help would be most appreciated!!

No such thing as on PTT for P25. Are you authorized on this system you are monitoring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Since you come here asking questions. I doubt you have the authority to be an authorized user/programmer Your radio is affiliating because you are trying to listen to a system that you have programmed wrong for non affiliate scan.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Since you come here asking questions. I doubt you have the authority to be an authorized user/programmer Your radio is affiliating because you are trying to listen to a system that you have programmed wrong for non affiliate scan.

We don’t know yet if s/he is authorized or not. 99.9% sure s/he is not authorized.

The radio is trying to affiliate because it IS programmed to operate on the system, not incorrectly for NAS. The OP likely does not know what NAS is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
You have to change your programming methods slightly with the newer radios (Astro25 to present) to prevent affiliation attempts. Now go read up on that, it's all out there. If that red light is flashing, you screwed up somewhere.

Thank you guys for your time!

Radio reference is a great web site and I have learned allot over the years!

The first radio I programmed on this system was over 25 years ago, that radio was an Motorola Stx!
This system has gone through several updates and several radio types over the years!

So for clarification purposes I am not performing any illegal or non authorized transmissions on said system!

I respect the rules that govern radio operations, I also respect this system that I am monitoring, and the men and women who utilize this smart net 2 system, as I was one of those users for 28 years until my retirement!

So again thank you for your time!

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
TheRadioMan101, you may not be keying down the radio but each time you turn ON the radio, change a channel and turn OFF the radio, your radios IS transmitting.
The cute little red light on top that is blinking is in fact an indication of your radio transmitting.

So as you put it, for clarification purposes you ARE performing illegal and non authorized transmissions on the system. Please stop, reprogram the radio the correct way or sell it and buy a nice scanner.

IAmSixNine,
Respectfully you are correct! My APX6000 does seem to be indeed transmitting when powering on/off and when changing channels.

That Sir or Mamm is the exact reason for reaching out on this forum!
My original post states that I am trying to prevent my radio from interfering / transmitting on this system!

I have been nothing but respectful, I only want to find a solution to my problem, and I cannot imagine I am the only person who has had to solve this very same problem!

So again thank you for your time

I am looking for help in preventing my radio from affiliating,

I am not looking for random criticism or negative comments about how I should just “give up and sell my radio”

Problem Solved

Consider this (POST CLOSED)

Thank you to all that helped!!!!!!

have a wonderful holiday season!

MW

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I was not going to respond as i knew others were trying to help you and it seemed as if you knew it was transmitting but in your post #9 you said "So for clarification purposes I am not performing any illegal or non authorized transmissions on said system!"
Thats the only reason why i posted what i did.
Your not the first to have this creep up and you wont be the last. There is, or was a good sticky thread about how to program a radio with non affiliation. Its been a while since i have even looked for it or at it.
It really want meant as a personal attack and if you felt like it was my apologies. I was just trying to point out clearly what was happening.
Thats why in my reply i said reprogram the radio the correct way OR sell it and buy a nice scanner. Not hey man stop what your doing and sell it.
To those who actually helped him, (i didnt) thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.