• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR 7550 concern

Status
Not open for further replies.

maijerry

I am operating a MotoTrbo Linked Capacity Plus System. I would like to take advantage of some of the
used radios available online. I see some radios that have a sticker under the battery that reads "Connect
Plus Trunking". My radios do not have that sticker. My concern is whether the CPT radios will work
with my system and if CPS will allow me to clone from the non-CPT radios to the CPT radios. I've tried
researching this online, but haven't found any definite answers. Thanks....

dgruber

Well you said your using Capacity Plus which every XPR7550 comes with. Connect Plus is just a different kind of system that requires that option board. You will be fine buying a XPR7550 without Connect plus.

maijerry

Just to be clear....an XPR 7550 with that sticker will not work on my LCP system, due to the
presence of the Connect Plus Trunking Option Board, correct?

dgruber

Just to be clear....an XPR 7550 with that sticker will not work on my LCP system, due to the
presence of the Connect Plus Trunking Option Board, correct?
No, the radio will still work with your LCP but the radio also has the option to be used on an connect plus system.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

N1GTL

Database Admin
LCP is installed and free on all Xpr6550 though you may need a firmware upgrade and on all xpr7550's. On the xpr7550e series, it can be optional so approach with caution.

maijerry

Thanks for the reply. Caution is exactly what prompted me to post. I just found out how
the XPR 7550e will not clone to my 7550's....the hard way. I spent over an hour going
through the entire programming tree in CPS to make the "e" radio work like my others.
Of course, now I kind of have a template...sort of. When I saw the CPT tag on the radios
online, it made me nervous, as all of my radios do not have that sticker. I'm aware of the
OB and I didn't want to take a chance on incompatibility. Again...thank you.

Oh...and you're correct on the firmware update for XPR 6550's. We added a batch of
those to the LCP system 4 years ago when we fired all of that up. But, after the firmware
update, they all worked fine. They continue to work in perfect harmony with the system.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
The older series radios had an option board that must be installed, the newer radios come with the option board integrated in from the factory. The Connect Plus stickers you see are from people who purchased the option boards and Connect Plus entitlement together when they bought brand new. Connect Plus is a paid EID you get from Motorola, then flash into the option board/radio through CP CPS.

Paul

maijerry

Thanks for the info. So the presence of the Connect Plus Option Board should
not pose any programming or operation issues on a Linked Capacity Plus
system?

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Connect Plus is an option, which can be FLASHED into the board...there are third party things that can also be flashed into the option board...I think FPP is one of those third party things. You can erase an option board that has Connect Plus in it, and put it back whenever you want, because the radio stroes the EID for that capability once you purchase it.

Paul

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
To disable Connect Plus in a radio, you will uncheck the Option Board check box in the channel Tab. TT

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
To disable Connect Plus in a radio, you will uncheck the Option Board check box in the channel Tab. TT

Exactly the info the OP will need. If the EID and programming is present, disable the Option Board (Trunking?) option for all of the channels in the first zone.

N1GTL

Database Admin
I spent over an hour going through the entire programming tree in CPS to make the "e" radio work like my others. Of course, now I kind of have a template...sort of.

You can copy and paste most fields between any XPR series radios. You can't copy lists (scan, roam) or the site info for LCP. It shouldn't take more than 10 or 15 minutes once you have done it a few times.

CanesFan95

But if you try to program Connect Plus, aren't you gonna need a valid serial number/ESN and the RAS key or the radio won't work?

CanesFan95

What's the cost and what about programming software? Can you have a mixture of analog/digital/conventional Cap+/LTR etc in different zones?

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
With Connect Plus, you will need a valid Serial Number and ID (serial number much match the ID). You can only have the option board flashed for one thing at a time (so it'll be either LTR or Connect Plus). The option board must be enabled in the first zone but Zone two and above can be conventional, Capacity Plus, analog, or even a different system from Zone 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.