• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR3500 sound problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
So yesterday, I had some changes to make on CPS to my XPR3500. I read the radio and when I turned it on, the volume was very loud as if it was turned all the way up, yet I had it at a quarter of the way up. So I tried adjusting it with volume knob and still nothing.

One thing that we totally strange was the volume bars on the screen (when the volume was in its muted position) was still showing one bar even though the knob was well below in its muted position like I just mentioned.

Any ideas on how I should proceed? Sounds to me like a software issue?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

K2NEC

So yesterday, I had some changes to make on CPS to my XPR3500. I read the radio and when I turned it on, the volume was very loud as if it was turned all the way up, yet I had it at a quarter of the way up. So I tried adjusting it with volume knob and still nothing.

One thing that we totally strange was the volume bars on the screen (when the volume was in its muted position) was still showing one bar even though the knob was well below in its muted position like I just mentioned.

Any ideas on how I should proceed? Sounds to me like a software issue?

Thanks!

No changes were made to the radio beforehand correct?

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
You are not answering the questions asked........................ Did you change ANY audio settings? If so, you need to revisit those changes. Look under your audio settings and make sure you did not specify a Minimum volume level. Also, make sure you do not have Intelligent Audio turned on. There are other possibilities, but do not want to proceed without further info. TT

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
You are not answering the questions asked........................ Did you change ANY audio settings? If so, you need to revisit those changes. Look under your audio settings and make sure you did not specify a Minimum volume level. Also, make sure you do not have Intelligent Audio turned on. There are other possibilities, but do not want to proceed without further info. TT
Well that was the other thing I did. I was re programming the radio to turn intelligent audio off as well and Ananlog AGC. I will look and see at minimum volumes if I had accendelty touched something

RBMTS

Load back in the version of the programming before you made the changes. If it fixes the volume problem then you know it is something with the programming. Hopefully you saved that version before you made your alterations to the code plug.

K2NEC

Change min volume level form 5db to 0db and wrote it. Still no luck

The analog AGC has nothing to do with it. It just means that whenever you key up the radio will automatically adjust your gain based on the amount of background noise.

N4KVE

In the radio in the menu there is an audio profile. I forget the exact name, & is accessible from the front buttons. Turn off loud. That should work.

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
In the radio in the menu there is an audio profile. I forget the exact name, & is accessible from the front buttons. Turn off loud. That should work.
I believe your referring to audio profiles. I believe I had mine set a default. I will double check when I get home.

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
So I tried adjusting the minimum fixed volume in CPS which i then wrote to the radio. Still no luck the volume is still stick at max? Could this be a software related issue?

K2NEC

So I tried adjusting the minimum fixed volume in CPS which i then wrote to the radio. Still no luck the volume is still stick at max? Could this be a software related issue?

If anything it's likely a hardware issue. If you never had this problem before and experienced it suddenly then I would contact Motorola to see if they know what's going on and if it is a hardware issue have them fix it.

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
So just to do a little bit of follow up on this issue for anyone experiencing the same issue. Discovered that this is known issue on the 3500. So I wrote the latest firmware upgrade to the 3500 (R 2.8.5) and still nothing. So I went out on a hunch and recovered the radio to R 2.8.5 and SUCCESS! Volume was all back to normal.

On the downside, I had to reprogram my whole radio which took a while to complete, but eventually got it done. I do really appreciate the ideas of everyone who contributed to the thread, but I do have one burning question that I noticed after the reprogramming was complete. (probably should start a new thread on this since this is an unrelated issue)

When I unkey on digital, I notice there is no more little click noise when I unkey with my RSM I found this weird because I always have heard it on digital with the previous updates as well as it seems to work fine on the PTT on the radio. I went into the mic follow options on CPS and selected it to follow the accessory mic/speaker when attached.

I have always had that box checked and of course it has no affect on the mic unkeying. I am slowly beginning to think its maybe a software glitch in this latest version. I referred to the release notes and so far nothing has been mentioned? I might give Motorola a call tomorrow and see if they know anything about this.

Any ideas on what could be the issue?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.